There are over 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we're all about at John Deere. And it's why we're investing in our people and our technology like never before!Here the world's brightest minds are tackling the world's biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we'll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US)- Illinois - Moline
Function: Environment / Health / Safety
Title: Environmental Engineer- 69816
As an Environmental Engineer for John Deere located in Moline, IL, you will be responsible for implementing effective environmental programs and assuring compliance in one or more environmental programs in a large or very large unit under the direction of a more senior environmental professional. You will assist a more senior environmental professional in the development of programs in order to comply with regulatory and Company standards. As appropriate, you will also interact with external agencies as the agent of the unit in both a strategic and tactical role. In addition, you will:
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
- Develop recommendations for environmental processes/programs to meet the ISO 14001:2015 Standard, John Deere Environmental Program standard, and comply with applicable laws and regulations that include design and evaluation components to monitor effectiveness.
- Function as the primary back-up wastewater treatment operator for John Deere Cylinder's wastewater treatment facility.
- Compile necessary data, documentation, and correspondence to comply with environmental regulations, ISO 14001:2015 standards, and John Deere Environmental Program requirements.
- Coordinate and conduct environmental audits to identify non-compliance with the environmental standards and applicable laws and regulations.
- Oversee the implementation of assigned programs by factory personnel. May provide work direction to specific factory employees.
- Utilize acquired knowledge to respond to questions or requests for information relevant to environmental issues from workgroups inside and/or outside the company.
What Skills You Need
- 4 or more years of experience in the Environmental profession in a manufacturing environment
- 1 or more years of experience in a manufacturing operation, manufacturing engineering, or industrial engineering environment
- Knowledge of Environmental Management Systems and standards, ideally including the systems and standards followed at John Deere
- Understanding of all major governmental regulatory programs and environmental law
- Ability to use standard desktop load applications such as Microsoft Office plus intranet and internet functions
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and factory operations
- Ability to obtain a State of Illinois Class K Wastewater Treatment operator certification within 9 months of accepting the position (After obtaining certification, this position will function as the primary back-up wastewater treatment operator for John Deere Cylinder's wastewater treatment facility)
What Makes You Stand Out
- Experience or Certification as a Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator
Ideally, you will have a degree or equivalent work experience in the following:
- Degree in an Engineering/Technology discipline or in a Science discipline
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click hereto find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job Segment: Environmental Engineering, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Compliance, Industrial Engineer, Engineering, Legal