Environmental Geologist (Associate Level)
Environmental Resources Management, Inc.
ERM is seeking a hands-on Environmental Geologist to join our consulting firm in Charleston, WV. The successful candidate will work on a variety of interesting site investigation and remediation projects at commercial and industrial sites. This is a great opportunity to work with ERM's technical experts to implement the latest investigation and remediation technologies, while building the required experience to obtain your professional registration.
- Lead field work, including soil, sediment, ground water, and surface water sampling, aquifer testing, drilling oversight and soil logging, soil boring and monitoring well installation, well development, purging and sampling, and construction oversight.
- Conduct detailed review of field data and use of data analytic tools
- Prepare technical reports along with supporting documentation and figures.
- Coordinate and direct drilling, surveying, and laboratory services.
- Provide oversight on various phases of environmental remediation projects and systems, including construction, operations, and maintenance.
- Assist in data interpretation and preparation of site work plans, spreadsheets, figures, and technical reports.
- Perform Phase I and II environmental assessments to support property transfer transactions.
- Support engineering design team with field data collection and geologic analysis.
- Support general environmental compliance and permitting projects.
- Focus on team project delivery, taking direction primarily from Project Managers.
- Work within quality/budget/schedule expectations and scope-specific assignments.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with all federal, state and local regulations.
- Communicate with subcontractors, regulatory agents, tenants, and clients during field activities.
- Bachelors in Geology, Hydrogeology, or related discipline; Masters preferred. Minimum 3.0 GPA.
- 5 to 7 years of experience, including willingness/interest in field assignments.
- 40-hour HAZWOPER training.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Effective written/verbal communication and organization/analytical skills; experience recording/writing detailed technical data and reports a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Strong commitment to safety, including following established Health and Safety protocols and a good driving record.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-past environment, handling multiple project assignments, and maintaining flexibility, while meeting strict deadlines.
- Local candidates preferred.
Who We Are:
As the world’s leading sustainability consulting firm, ERM is uniquely positioned to contribute to the environment and society through the expertise and energy of our employees worldwide. Sustainability is what we do, and is at the heart of both our service offerings and how we operate our business. ERM and our partners are driven by a dynamic vision: By 2021 we will be the clear leader in our chosen markets, we will double in value and we will deliver on our promises to our clients, our people and our investors. For our people, our vision means attracting, inspiring, developing and rewarding our people to work with the best clients and on the biggest challenges, thus creating valuable careers. We achieve our vision in a sustainable manner by maintaining and living our ERM values that include Accountability, Caring for our People, Client Focus, Collaboration, Empowerment, and Transparency.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!