Lonza Specialty Ingredients (LSI) combines technological innovation with world class manufacturing and process excellence. Together, these enable our customers to deliver their discoveries in key areas:
Microbial Control Solutions serves consumer and technical markets by safeguarding resources and peoples’ wellbeing. We are a trusted and innovative supplier of microbial control solutions and chemical technologies used in a wide range of industrial and consumer solutions. Our vast product portfolio of microbial control and chemical technologies offer quality products backed by technical and regulatory expertise, meeting our customers’ current and future needs.
Specialty Chemical Services provides solutions for composite materials and processing additives for technically demanding industries, such as electronics, transportation and aerospace. We also provide performance intermediates & chemicals for many industrial applications, such as agro intermediates, food & feed ingredients, cosmetics, non-current good manufacturing practices (non-cGMP) intermediates, and custom development & manufacturing.
Lonza Specialty Ingredients (LSI) has an exciting opportunity for an Environmental, Health, Safety & Security (EHS&S) Manager that supports the Williamsport, PA facility. The EHS&S will be is a member of the Site Leadership Team and responsible for the day to day management of the site’s EHS&S programs and personnel for a chemical manufacturing plant. We are looking for candidates who have extensive experience in EHS, Process Safety Management (PSM) and leadership backgrounds.
- Positively influence and collaborate with colleagues in order to embed a self-sustaining EHSS culture; sponsor and actively support the evolution of the site’s behavioral risk program.
- Coordinate the Williamsport EHSS team and wider site efforts to ensure compliance across the full range of EHSS aspects including: environmental licenses; relevant health and safety regulations; facility security requirements; process safety; chemical and biological safety (including Industrial Hygiene monitoring); occupational health.
- Ensure the EHSS team has the correct skills set and competencies to manage the risk profile of the site; implement continued professional development plans; facilitate career progression opportunities.
- Implement effective but lean EHSS risk management methodologies for operations and projects at all scales, including but not restricted to new product/ equipment introductions for R&D and commercial.
- Prepare budgets and forecasts; ensure financial discipline; drive efficiencies and identify/ implement opportunities for cost reduction.
- Manage, monitor, lead, and participate in investigations and root cause analysis of workplace accidents and incidents, evaluating trends, and focusing on key improvements required to eliminate the same.
- Oversee the site’s emergency and crisis management plans; ensure related plans are optimized and effective; take a key role in development of site’s business continuity plans
- Ensure appropriate applications, permits, data reports, records, and documentation are collected, prepared, submitted and maintained as required by governing agencies.
- Provide leadership for the oversight and delivery of Process Safety Management (PSM) strategy, performance and compliance
- Develop, deploy and deliver PSM behavior, safety culture and critical safety leadership strategies and programs.
- Actively advance environmental sustainability efforts including developing strategy, activities, projects and KPIs aimed at achieving the company’s stated environmental sustainability goals.
- Identifies key PSM issues impacting sites (technical, regulatory, risk, land use) and emerging regulatory and other risks potentially affecting company sites
- Conducts regular written and oral communication with regulators, agencies, consultants, senior management and legal counsel
- Develop and support internal communication strategies for key stakeholders that build and maintain awareness of PSM values, strategies, and performance.
- Effectively manage assigned PSM program elements including: Incident Investigation, Process Hazard Assessment, Employee Participation, Program Auditing, and Management of Change
- BS in Engineering, Safety or Environmental discipline required. MS Preferred
- 8+ years’ experience leading a safety program in a chemical, pharmaceutical, PSM regulated industry
- Working knowledge of local, state and federal laws and regulations pertaining to safety and environmental regulations at the Federal, State and Local levels
- Environmental Regulations: Air, Hazardous & Non-hazardous Waste, Stormwater, Wastewater Treatment Plant Operations for Discharge to POTW
- Security Regulations: DHS
- Transport Regulations: DOT
- Safety Regulations: OSHA, PADEP, Industry Best Practice
A major part of the heritage of LSI is being able to deliver unique solutions to its customers. Being the driving force behind this approach – listening, asking, understanding to match the right elements in a new way has been an inherent part of our day-to-day business. Always with the goal to enable a competitive advantage for each customer with a specific product, package or solution. What makes YOU different?
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.