Environmental Planner/Permitting Specialist
Mt. Laurel, NJ
Currently celebrating 40 years in business, AKRF is an award-winning consulting firm bringing the value of strategic thinking to our energy, land development, transportation, and water clients.
Our New Jersey-based energy sector practice specializes in multimedia licensing, design, and compliance services for infrastructure development projects, including transmission and distribution facilities, offshore wind projects, battery energy storage systems, solar and fuel cell projects, conventional power plants, nuclear plants, and natural gas pipelines. AKRF is hiring an Environmental Planner/Permitting Specialist to continue investing in the growth and success of our energy practice.
We are seeking a professional with 1 to 3 years of experience (energy sector preferred) to join our team of environmental scientists, engineers, planners, ecologists, and meteorologists in Mount Laurel, NJ.
The successful candidate must have proven experience in the following areas:
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental resources, environmental planning, natural resources, environmental engineering, and/or a related field
- Ability to review and interpret land development and environmental regulations, e.g., local zoning codes, NJDEP/NYSDEC environmental regulations, etc.
- Excellent writing and communication skills to assist in preparing scientific reports, permit application documents, environmental impact assessments, and compliance evaluations
- Ability to take ownership of job responsibilities and see them through completion.
- Ability to assist in field surveys and data collection efforts such as land use inventories, wetland delineations, or rare species surveys
- Proficiency in Microsoft business software including Word, Excel, and Teams
The ability to support a wide variety of tasks is essential. Individuals who are flexible, learn quickly, have the ability to work as part of a project team, and possess good interpersonal skills and excellent oral and written communication skills will be most successful. This position will entail occasional field work, with the potential for overnight travel ranging from several days to a week. A valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record is also a requirement of the position. Familiarity with computer aided drafting and Geographic Information System software is a plus.
AKRF, Inc. enforces a policy of equal employment opportunity in our daily operations. The firm has a demonstrated history of hiring, training, developing, promoting and retaining minority group members and women. All employment-related decisions are based solely on relevant criteria and without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual identity, caregiver status, military/veteran status or citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.