Job Title:Environmental Scientist
Job Status: Part Time/On Call
Stell is a seasoned veteran- and woman-owned small business providing expertise and innovation across the resilience, environmental, restoration, and compliance service sectors.
The Environmental Scientist conducts environmental sampling, evaluates and analyzes data, and assists with technical report writing while working in an effective team environment to meet project goals and objectives.
- Assessment of MS4 and Industrial Stormwater programs with associated permits and plans
- Inspect post-construction stormwater management practices.
- Identify and make proper notifications regarding any corrective actions that need to be taken.
- Participate in site investigation field activities, including but not limited to environmental site assessments; field sampling (soil, groundwater, surface water and air); Phase I/II/III environmental site assessments; permitting; and remedial oversight.
- Conduct data analyses and reduction of field and analytical data.
- Support the preparation of technical reports including but not limited to proposals, environmental reports, permit applications, work plans, health and safety plans, and other written deliverables.
- Gather technical data using computer-based programs to support environmental document development.
- Provide high technical quality and safe job performance.
- Project related travel and ability to work 10 to 12-hour days in the field are required
Qualifications (Education and Experience):
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in geology, environmental science, or related scientific discipline. MS is a plus. Current 40-hour OSHA/HAZWOPER training, current 8-hour OSHA/HAZWOPER refresher and Site Supervisor Training a plus.
- Five years of technical experience for an environmental firm.
- Experience in work plan preparation and technical report writing. Solid technical writing skills required (writing sample may be requested).
- Experience executing field investigations with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations (CERCLA, RCRA, state regulations in PA, NJ, NY, and other states in the Mid-Atlantic Region.
- Knowledge and skills in the following a plus: (1) NEPA, NHPA, CWA, and other relevant federal and state regulations and guidance; (2) natural resources management, permitting, and (3) use of GIS/GPS technologies.
- Experience with transportation projects a plus.
- Adherence to H&S and QA/QC processes and protocols.
- Must be detail oriented, and a team player with good communication and time management skills.
Please submit a cover letter, indicating salary requirements and availability, along with your CV/resume as a PDF or Word file to email@example.com . No phone calls please.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.