Environmental Scientist Intern - Environmental Studies (Minneapolis)
Minneapolis/St Paul, MN
Our environmental scientist interns assist in conducting environmental and siting studies including biological and aquatics field work, data recording and analysis, prepare permitting applications and summary reports for various types of projects, including high-voltage transmission line routing, power generation construction activities, renewable energy generation, and water treatment facilities. Working knowledge of Geographical Information Systems preferred.
- Pursuit of Bachelor's degree in Environmental Studies, Environmental Management, Environmental Scientist, Environmental Policy, Ecology, Biology, Natural Resources Management, or related degree from an accredited program with at least one year of post-secondary education.
- Minimum of a 3.0 GPA strongly preferred.
- Prior internship and/or related consulting experience preferred.
- Actively involved in campus, community or other volunteer activities or organizations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Basic knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office programs, including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Self-motivated and eager learner, aptitude to grow and develop within the field.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work, without restrictions or without need for work sponsorship, in the country where this position is located, for the duration of the internship.