ASRC Federal Holding Company
Kirkland AFB, NM
ASRC Federal Netcentric Technologies is seeking an Environmental Scientist to support our contract at Kirtland AFB in Albuquerque, NM.
The Environmental Scientist will be required to work with asbestos, fuel tanks, and other hazardous materials. The scientist may have to work in enclosed areas or in a field environment. The scientist needs to know how to work within nuclear protocols.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- The Environmental Scientist must have a working knowledge of conducting environmental inspections within industrial shops, identifying areas of environmental noncompliance, and developing corrective action plans.
- Environmental Scientist must have a working knowledge of conducting environmental inspections within industrial shops, identifying areas of environmental noncompliance, and developing corrective action plans.
- The diversity of work conditions may range from an office environment where there is little or no physical discomfort to a field environment where inclement weather may subject the individual to severe changes in temperature, wind, rain, etc.
- May be required to work in areas where high noise hazards prevail.
- May be exposed to fumes, airborne particles, and electrical shock hazards.
- May be required to work a flexible work schedule and alternating workdays to meet mission and customer requirements.
- Individuals may need on occasion climb rugged terrain in all-weather environments.
- This classification's activities range from an office environment with extensive sitting demands to a field environment with extensive climbing, standing, stooping, bending, pushing, kneeling, stretching, and walking demands.
- May occasionally be required to lift objects whose weight exceeds 30 pounds.
- Special vision abilities to perform this job are close vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.