CHA Consulting, Inc.
CHA Consulting Inc. is currently seeking an Environmental Scientist/Planner to join our Infrastructure â€“ Highway & Rail group in Indianapolis, IN.
Addressing the immediate travel needs and expectations of todayâ€™s society and anticipating the mobility and modal challenges and opportunities that will accompany our next generation requires comprehensive planning, engineering and implementation. For over 60 years, CHAâ€™s transportation professionals have planned, developed and provided solutions to municipalities, metropolitan planning organizations, public and private authorities, and state transportation agencies. We also provide a full complement of construction administration and inspection services to monitor, record and deliver projects on time and on budget.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Our Scientists are experts with the companyâ€™s and clientâ€™s methods, standard operating procedures, reporting templates,
and practices. This key position at CHA conducts field work and analyzes data to prevent and/or solve environmental problems. Our Scientists recognize areas for process improvements and lead successful implementation. Our Scientists play an important role in mentoring and directing junior scientists on routine field assignments and tasks.
Field investigations and research to determine the suitability of the project site for proposed use is a major part of this role, including reviewing and evaluating the potential impact of federal, state, and local environmental legislation. Our Scientists develop and maintain effective working relationships with groups and individuals, agencies, and the public in order to encourage cooperative management strategies or to develop information and interpret findings. Our Scientists also participate in public information meetings and hearings.EDUCATION AND LICENSURE:
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree in Environmental Science or related field
- Valid US driver's license is required
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience with the following is required: NEPA documentation, wetland delineation, Section 401/404 permit applications, stream and wetland restoration, and/or Phase 1 Hazardous Materials investigations.
- Possesses a thorough understanding of the respective scientific discipline
- Experience with Microsoft Word & Excel is required,
- ArcMap or basic GIS Mapping experience a plus
- Strong ability to work in a team environment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adapt communication style to suit various audiences
- Must have the ability to work in the field in different weather conditions
- Must be able to physically navigate in the field
CHA takes pride in recruiting, developing and retaining highly talented individuals. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer a comprehensive benefits package and a variety of opportunities for our employeesâ€™ professional growth and development.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.