Environmental Water Analyst
001-Dialysis Clinic, Inc.-Nashville, TN- Corporate Office
Nashville (Laboratory), TN
The Environmental Water Analyst is part of the laboratory team providing water and dialysate analysis services to dialysis clinics. Position prepares samples, performs testing and reports results for AAMI heavy metal test procedures, heterotrophic plate counts and endotoxin detection assays.
- Operates and maintains highly complex instrumentation (Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrophotometer, Tecan Liquid Handler, Lonza Endotoxin Plate Readers, etc.)
- Performs microbiological tests such as heterotrophic plate counts and endotoxin detection assays in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Prepares samples for testing.
- Performs inspection and maintenance of laboratory instrumentation. Documents findings where required.
- Interprets and reports laboratory results. May provide consultation to clients when questions about testing results arise.
- Recognizes and troubleshoots problems by identifying root causes and determining alternative solutions.
- Actively contributes to quality assurance activities by performing, analyzing and recording quality control and performing proficiency testing.
- Understands and adheres to all safety, regulatory and laboratory certification requirements.
- Perform data entry functions such as accessioning samples, reporting results and entering quality control.
- Prepare ad hoc reports when required.
- Takes inventory and stocks laboratory with necessary supplies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Able to follow precise directions in situations requiring speed, accuracy and efficiency.
- Demonstrates and promotes safe work practices.
- BS degree in Chemistry, Biological Sciences or other related science field.
- Strong analytical and math skills along with good verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Strong computer skills are required. Must be comfortable learning and using new technologies.
- One year of environmental related laboratory work experience is preferred.
DCI is a federal contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer-Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. If you are having difficulty using the online application system or would like to request other accommodations or application methods, please contact Doug Patterson at
Accommodations@dciinc.orgor 615-327-3061. Once a request has been made, DCI will initiate a discussion with you about your needs and whether an accommodation can be provided. DCI is committed to providing such accommodations where possible.
For more information about equal opportunity please see: