To be part of the AMA is to be part of our Mission to promote the art and science of medicine and the betterment of public health. Join the AMA team as the an Executive Assistant in Enterprise Communications. As part of the team, you will contribute to the success of the Enterprise Communications by providing general administrative support to CCO. Work closely with the CCO and Director of Business Operations for EC to manage interactions and communications with AMA units to enhance EC effectiveness.
Other Responsibilities will include:
- Optimizes CCO’s time utilization by managing daily schedule and appointments; including managing travel and setting up itineraries and other related details.
- Ensures CCO is fully prepared and briefed on all matters on schedule through daily meetings.
- Reviews and prioritizes, on a daily basis, flow of information coming to the CCO; informs the CCO of critical items requiring immediate attention.
- Assigns, at the request of the CCO, administrative directives and information requests to CCO direct reports as well as others for handling and follow-up as necessary.
- Prepares CCO’s administrative paperwork for signature and processing.
- Serves as a liaison between CCO and direct reports, as needed.
- Coordinates details associated with regular staff meetings including notification to participants, advance materials preparation; provides follow-up.
- Manage CCO oversight of contracts and other documents that require CCO approval.
- Prepares sensitive reports, documents, and handles all highly confidential and special issues for the CCO.
- Maintains accurate record of CCO’s Corporate American Express Card including collection and retrieval of receipts and other supporting documentation.
- Prepares and processes CCO’s expense reports in accordance with the XMS reporting system.
- Resolves discrepancies as required.
- Produces a variety of materials using various computer software applications (PowerPoint, Excel and other software programs), including spreadsheets, presentations, correspondence, agendas, and reports.
- Edits materials correcting errors in spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- Provides administrative assistance to the CCO’s direct reports as directed.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in project coordination and administrative experience; executive office experience strongly preferred; AMA experience a plus.
- Some college preferred and/or equivalent work experience.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience drafting correspondence; superior proofreading skills.
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills, including meeting planning and management and ability to multi-task in a stressful environment.
- Demonstrated ability to independently undertake and complete complex and detailed administrative projects.
- Demonstrated effectiveness handling sensitive and confidential material appropriately.
- Experience with administrative systems and policy processes is required.
- Demonstrated ability to project and maintain professionalism in highly visible and fast-paced area.
- Excellent interpersonal/diplomatic skills.
- Experience with administration of communications and marketing projects helpful, including working with consultants and other vendors.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required; Story Server and other programs preferred.