Executive Chef 2
Let your passion for people be the driver of your success at Sodexo. Through your leadership, your team will make a real impact every day
Sodexo is seeking an Executive Chef 2 for Stormont Vail Health located in Topeka, KS.. Stormont Vail Health is comprised of Stormont Vail Hospital, a 538 bed hospital and the Cotton-O'Neill clinics providing inpatient and outpatient care to Topeka and outlying counties in northeast Kansas. The Executive Chef will work a primarily daytime schedule with rotating weekends.
We are looking for Executive Chef candidates who will:
- Manage the food production process including production planning and controls for At Your Request (AYR) patient meal services, retail food services and catering;
- Develop and maintain excellent client and customer relationships
- Ensure Sodexo Culinary Standards including recipe compliance and food quality and presentation;
- Manage food costing, budget controls and compliance;
- Ensure food sanitation compliance;
- Develop menus and manage ordering and inventory;
- Have high expectations for customer service;
- Have the ability to develop and train 10 frontline staff;
- Knowledge of Sodexo Systems is preferred, but not required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with culinary trends and wellness programs;
- Excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implement company policies;
- Collaborative mindset and commitment to operational excellence standards;
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize responsibilities;
- Solid computer skills and online ordering experience
- Understanding of safe food handling practices, qualities, and standards (e.g. HACCP forms, temperature logs, safety audits, inventory management);.
- ServSafe Certification is preferred.
At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance. We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs, 401k, and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts. Click here for more information about Sodexo’s Benefits.Not the job for you? At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Culinary jobs..
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution. Key Duties- Implements & coordinates the culinary function. - Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.- Manages catering & retail areas.- Customer & Client satisfaction.- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.- Manages food & physical safety programs.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience Basic Management Experience - 2 years Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.