Reporting to the CEO, the Executive Director will provide strategic oversight for behavioral healthcare and clinical operations. This position is responsible for proactively supporting the CEO in communications, messaging, development of the organization, and implementation of its strategy for mental health, substance abuse, and addiction services. In addition, the position will support the long-term vision and mission of the organization. The Executive Director will be accountable for ensuring FFHC and HRDI meets its annual, operating, and short and long-term goals. The position is responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with major local internal and external stake holders, securing the resources necessary to ensure sustainability and growth.
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
- Prepares and submits monthly written reports on clinical and behavioral health issues, concerns, program status, initiatives, and progress to the CEO as requested.
- Assists in the provision of continuing education, on-the-job training, and the orientation of the behavioral clinical staff as requested.
- Designs, develops, and implements appropriate Health Prevention and Wellness policies, protocols and procedures which follow the most current accepted professional standards.
- Travels to the FFHC and HRDI sites, as necessary.
- Attends meetings as necessary to represent FFHC, HRDI and the CEO.
- Participates in the preparation of grant applications.
- Assumes primary responsibility for developing and implementing Behavioral Health strategy.
- Performs periodic evaluations of all Behavioral Health Department professional providers as directed by the policy of the FFHC and HRDI.
- Responsible for full compliance with all applicable federal, state, local and FFHC clinic rules, regulations, protocols and procedures governing the practice of behavioral health and the clinical provision of behavioral health care as well as those relating to, but not limited to, personnel issues, workplace safety, public health and confidentiality.
- Participates in recruitment/retention activities, as necessary.
- As directed by the CEO, performs other related and/or necessary tasks to achieve organizational and programmatic goals and objectives.
- The ED must be able to creatively work with other health care professionals from a variety of disciplines to achieve maximal productivity and programmatic effectiveness while continuously promoting the growth and development of fellow professionals, exercising appropriate supervisory control and displaying ethical work judgment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective professional relationships with healthcare providers and FFHC clinical staff.
- Prolonged sitting or standing may be required.
- Work under stressful conditions as well as irregular hours may be required.
- Exposure to communicable diseases, body fluids, toxic substances, medicinal preparations, radiation, patients with substance abuse backgrounds and other conditions common to a clinical environment may routinely be encountered.
- Capacity to both effectively manage behavioral health services in its current state, and to think and lead strategically to ensure future growth and maximum impact on the communities served by FFHC and HRDI.
- High level of organizational skill and external contacts to ensure continuous funding of current programs and services; creatively generate resources and build collaborative and strategic social service and financial partnerships.
- Outstanding relationship management skills
- Ability to build relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Cultural competency, emotional intelligence, experience, and comfort working with diverse patients and communities
- Strong communication, listening, and public speaking skills needed to represent the combined mission of FFHC and HRDI
- Requires a comprehensive knowledge of clinical and behavioral health care in outpatient settings.
- Knowledge of the principles and practice of behavioral health as related to public health organizations and community health programs as well as current social and economic problems pertaining to public health and their impact on primary health care.
- 10+ years of professional experience in progressively senior positions, with a proven record of exceeding goals in the health care/social services field.
- Proven background of working with clinical and non-clinical staff across a multi -location healthcare or social services organization.
- Must have 10 or more years of executive leadership experience, including responsibility for fiscal and clinical, and or behavioral staff management.
- Proven track record of helping to lead a healthcare system in the transformation to value-based care.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding in trends in clinical and behavioral health care.
- Must be highly strategic with the ability to craft a vision and engage key stakeholders to achieve clinic-wide health and community prevention goals to promote wellness
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills required to initiate and develop productive working partnerships with all levels of management/leadership and staff.
- Ability to influence results, garner support and tactfully manage complex relationships.
- Must be confident and decisive but be a good listener and be flexible/adaptable as well.
- Must be comfortable with operating in a collaborative, shared leadership environment.
- Must possess a personal presence that is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity and caring with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals and values of FFHC.
- Must be proactive and passionate about professional high-quality healthcare, service and the patient experience.
- Must demonstrate a high quality of patient and client customer service, seeking to understand patient needs, requirements, and exercising judgment in meeting their expectations, particularly when there are differences of opinions on needs and services, unanticipated contingencies or a divergence of ideas/perspectives.
- Exceptional oral and written communication, persuasion, consulting, team building and negotiation skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s degree preferred
This job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities required of employees assigned to this job.
Our Client is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, or gender identification. Our Client is an Equal Opportunity Employer.