Exercise Physiologist PRN-21002406
SCL Health System
Denver/Boulder/Surrounding Areas-Denver, CO
You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as an Exercise Physiologist.
Your compassion is tangible: patients feel it in the hand they hold. Families feel it in your prayers. Colleagues feel it in your support.
You’re equally comfortable with developing individualized fitness and exercise programs, providing ongoing patient education, and documenting patient-related information accurately.
You’re great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible.
Our Cardiopulmonary Rehab unit compassionately cares for patients who have been treated with certain procedures or diagnosed with conditions such as:
- Bypass surgery
- Coronary angioplasty/stent
- Heart attack (recovery or prevention)
- Elevated cholesterol
- Heart valve surgery
Our patient care plans are tailored to our patients’ conditions, needs and interests and will include a mix of monitored exercise, medication management, nutrition counseling, and patient education.We are proud to be an accredited Chest Pain Center, a Primary Stroke Center, and a private teaching hospital.
Saint Joseph Hospitalis part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. Our 365-bed facility is one of the top-ranked hospitals in Denver, and has been awarded the highest national recognition possible for nursing excellence – Magnet designation – by the ANCC. We are proud to extend the mission of SCL Health by providing care for the poor, the vulnerable, our communities and each other. Our deep community roots date back to 1873, making us one of the oldest hospitals in Colorado.
Benefitsare one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, we’ve launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health. Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools, tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and Paid Time Off. We also offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning.
Together we’ll align mission and careers, values and workplace. We’ll honor each other’s dignity and surpass the standards we set. We’ll encourage joy and take pride in our integrity.
We’ll laugh at each other’s jokes (even the bad ones). We’ll hello and high five. We’ll celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value of spirituality in healing.
We’re proud of what we know, which includes how much there is to learn.
As an Exercise Physiologist, you need to know how to:
- Assign and instruct in appropriate workloads and/or work stations with respect to the patient’s age, physical and/or mental limitations, and capacity to perform within the exercise prescription set forth by the patients’ physician. Demonstrate working knowledge of appropriate testing procedures (i.e.: Six-minute walk test, bike test, arm ergometer test) and materials in order to perform valid functional capacity testing.
- Assist in providing general mobility interventions and activities of daily living following a developed plan of care per delegation by the therapists or floor RN.
- Take and record patient vital signs, BP, HR, O2 stats as assigned. Note changes in the patient’s/participant’s physical, mental, and emotional status and responds in appropriate manner by addressing patient’s immediate needs, notification and involvement of other staff, and subsequent follow-up with patient’s physician via telephone and/or Symptom Report.
- Attend Cardiology Catheterization Rounds. Provide immediate and ongoing education/information to patient/participants regarding monitoring of their vital signs in class and at home, prescription and OTC medications, coronary artery disease risk factors, modification of exercise with regards to temperature extremes, stress reduction techniques, recognition of angina and heart attack symptoms, and appropriate increases/changes in workloads.
- Assist in maintaining order and cleanliness of the unit. Maintain appropriate stock levels for complex interventions and diagnostic procedures.
- Complete daily progress and discharge documentation according to departmental standards. Accurately document productivity information.
- Participate in quality and patient safety initiatives. Identify potential areas for improvement including processes that could be streamlined or revised to improve patient satisfaction. Identify potential safety hazards that may create problems for patients and/or staff, and take appropriate actions.
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
- Bachelor’s Degree, required
- Current BLS endorsed by the American Heart Association and ACLS certifications, required
- At least two (2) years of cardiology experience, preferred
Your next move.
Now that you know more about being an Exercise Physiologist on our team we hope you’ll join us. At SCL Health you’ll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.