Experienced 4 to 10 years Field Staff Geologist/Environmental Scientist/Engineer
Farallon Consulting, L.L.C. has a full-time opening for an experienced Field Staff-level Engineer/Geologist/Scientist in its Oakland, California office.
Farallon s outstanding reputation for resolving challenges on a broad array of environmental projects is the result of the expertise and dedication of highly motivated professionals working toward a common goal. To build on this reputation, Farallon is committed to attracting high-quality people and retaining them for the long term.
Farallon provides an integrated suite of environmental consulting services to a wide range of private- and public-sector clients. Specialty areas include environmental due diligence, site characterization, engineering and remediation services, stormwater management, and mediation and litigation support. The firm is headquartered in Issaquah, Washington, with offices in Seattle and Bellingham, Washington; Portland and Baker City, Oregon; and Oakland, and Irvine, California.
The Staff Engineer/Geologist/Scientist provides support to technical staff and project managers for due diligence, investigation and remediation projects. The primary function of this position will be conducting field work such as: site inspections, sampling soil, soil gas, and groundwater. The secondary function of this position will be report writing. The successful candidate will have experience conducting sampling, basic report writing skills, an ability prepare summary tables, and the willingness to perform basic administrative office duties.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Minimum of 4to 10 years of field experience.
- Bachelor s degree in Engineering, Geology, or Earth Sciences.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office 365 Suite, including Outlook, Excel, and, Word.
- Experience conducting Phase I and Phase II Environmental Site Assessments preferred.
- Ability to provide clear verbal and written communications.
- Ability to work easily with colleagues and senior management.
- Ability to assertively direct others in the field such as subcontracted drillers, excavation contractors, utility locators, and others to consistently complete tasks safely and efficiently.
- Ability to work schedules conducive to project-specific requirements that may extend beyond the typical Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. work week.
- Detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to analyze data and applying problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to learn and complete basic reporting and paperwork tasks.
- Knowledge of appropriate state regulations, including appropriate health and safety regulations required to perform typical field and office tasks.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and perform field work and a wide range of physical activities, including sustained walking, standing, and reaching, in an outdoor environment.
- Must be able to wear respiratory protection and pass baseline physical for job position.
- Valid driver s license and safe driving record.
- 40-Hour OSHA Health &Safety Training (HAZWOPER) (29 CFR 1910.120) preferred.
- Basic First Aid and Adult CPR training desired.
- Perform routine field work assignments, including but not limited to: Site inspection, soil sampling, soil gas sampling, groundwater sampling, stormwater sampling with minimal supervision.
- Document all sampling activities.
- Conduct work activities in compliance with company and industry health and safety policies and practices.
- Travel to work sites.
- Assist with scheduling of small- to medium-sized field projects.
- Assist with preparation of tables, figures, and field activities descriptions for reports.
- Assist with preparation of proposals and work plans.
- Perform general administrative duties as assigned.
Farallon Consulting offers competitive wages and benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and Life Insurance
- Vacation/Sick/Holiday Pay
- 100% Employee Owned - ESOP
- 401K with Employer Matching
- Flexible Spending Program or Health Saving Account
If you would like to be considered for this position with the Farallon team, submit a resume online athttp://www.farallonconsulting.com/careers/current-openings.
Farallon Consulting, L.L.C. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, genetic information, age (except for bona fide occupational qualifications), sex, pregnancy (including childbirth or a related medical condition), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, military leave or service, status as a disabled veteran or other covered veteran status, participation in EEO protected activity, any other status protected by federal, state, or local law, or association with a person on the basis of one or more of the foregoing.