Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world’s brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping about 100,000 customers transform the future, today. We’re committed to building a better future – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities and developing great minds. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
About the Job
Texas Instruments (TI) is looking for an experienced Facilities Engineer to join our team. As a Facilities Engineer at TI, you’ll be directly responsible for building utility systems in support of a semiconductor wafer fab. TI Facilities operates over 150 different utility systems that include chemicals, gasses, variety of electrical systems, water systems, HVAC, waste, vacuum, and controls. These systems are designed to run 24 hours a day, 365 days a year without interruption, creating a state of the art manufacturing environment. Facilities works closely with TI’s manufacturing team to understand how the utility systems impact the process as well as how to reduce consumption.
* Managing requested projects and equipment installations, including project resources, schedules and budgets
* Providing technical support to the Facilities organization as a system expert
* Teaming with other engineering disciplines, management, internal customers, and suppliers to ensure projects and systems are cost effective, within budget, meet the desired design criteria and schedule guidelines
* Communicating and documenting the sequence of operations and design intent to others requiring information
* Providing capacity/demand analysis of utility systems and planning to support growth when required
* Providing analysis of critical utility systems to understand risks and developing solutions based on assessment
* Developing and reviewing maintenance and operational procedures to ensure best practices are in place and documented properly
* Designing and managing turnkey projects and coordinating contract work in the field
* Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
* 4 years’ relevant experience
* Experience with the semiconductor industry
* Experience with industrial facilities engineering
* Experience with a variety of systems and a proven track record of successful system sustainment for chilled water, hot water, process cooling water, chemicals, gases, air and exhaust systems
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions
* Ability to take the initiative and drive for results
* Strong time management skills that enable on-time project delivery
* Ability to work effectively in an interrupt-driven, fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
* Demonstrated ability to build strong, influential relationships
* Possess strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
* Demonstrated strong customer service orientation and ability to take ownership for issue resolution
* Expert knowledge of industrial cooling systems, chillers, cooling towers and associated equipment.
* Experience in application of controls and instrumentation theory to process systems (process cooling water, hot water, air systems, exhaust, etc.) is desired
* Ability to analyze existing systems and associated equipment to troubleshoot and resolve problems
* Basic understanding of PID loop tuning, ladder/structure programming, charts and trending
* Ability to develop and update Process and Instrumentation Diagrams, Site Survey Maps.
* Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor's degree in Mechancial Engineering or related discipline along with a minimum of 4 years of related experience.
To be considered for this position, please apply to this requisition.
If you are interested in this position, please apply to this requisition.
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected characteristics, including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Primary Location: US-TX-Dallas
Work Locations: Dallas > North Campus - Central Util Dallas
Req ID: 210000MG