Under the direction of the Sr. Regional Manager, Related Management is seeking a Facilities Manager to manage all facilities at a multi-site location in Oakland, Northern California. We are seeking an outstanding team member who works with a passion for excellence, a "can do" results-oriented attitude and a dedication to quality. Additionally, the Facility Manager performs all duties in compliance with company policies and procedures, the Equal Employment Opportunity, Fair Housing and Human Rights statutes.
The Facilities Manager is responsible for:
- Emergency Response Planning / Management
- Capital Improvement Projects
- Assistance with company, State, Local & Agency inspection requirements
- Preventive Maintenance Monitoring
- Technical troubleshooting, resolving maintenance issues
- Special projects and other duties, as required.
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability & Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off & holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Robust modern fertility program
- Incentive bonus program
- Commuter benefits
- Employee Assistance Program & more!
1. Understand and be able to use and interpret construction drawings & specifications, including architectural, MEP & Civil construction manuals.
2. Knowledge of garden, low & mid-rise construction, MEP & life safety systems.
3. Working knowledge of equipment, materials and supplies used in facility maintenance, supplies & repairs.
4. Knowledge of troubleshooting testing equipment.
5. Knowledge in the proper and safety techniques of building maintenance.
6. Experience with RealPage OneSite, or other core property management software - able to create reports and analyze property performance metrics related to work order completion, turnover, and preventive maintenance.
7. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
8. Ability to write scopes of work and complete bid summaries and present same to upper management, owners and asset managers for approval.
9. Ability to select and oversee the work of consultants and contractors for building repairs and renovations.
10. Ability to organize, analyze, interpret and evaluate problems and provide practical, cost effective solutions.
11. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
12. Ability to plan, organize and monitor work activities according to priorities, established schedules, deadlines and emergencies.
13. Understand REAC inspection protocols & use InspectCheck software to prepare. Understand the REAC appeals process and work with management on preparing and submitting to HUD.
1. Position to be based out of Oakland, CA, office location.
2. In-frequent local travel to sites (5% - 10%)
3. Must be willing to work various schedules.
4. Must be accessible to respond to off-hour emergency situations.
Related Management Company (RMC) is the owner and operator of a premier portfolio of assets valued at over $60 billion. Our operating portfolio consists of a diversified mix of properties including luxury rental buildings, retail and commercial space, luxury condominium residences, affordable and workforce housing located throughout the United States.