Facility Maintenance Lead
Penske Logistics is looking for a Facility Maintenance Lead to become part of an excellent team. This is a great opportunity for individuals who are safety conscious and have a pleasant, outgoing attitude who want to excel in a warehouse environment.
Why is Penske Logistics for you?
We take pride in offering a competitive wage and great benefits including:
- Performance Incentives
- Safety Performance Awards
- Paid Time Off
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Penske Cash Balance Plan
- Associate Referral Program
Pick Your Path, Text PLW3 to 25000 to Apply!
Escoja su camino. Textee Ud. para aplicar: PLW3 al número 25000!
Facility Maintenance Lead: Work in a warehouse environment with temperatures ranging from 34% to 95%. Direct and supervise all aspects of the Maintenance Department as an extension of the Facility Manager. Ensure the timely completion of all maintenance related inspections. Be the liaison between management and maintenance employees.
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly inspections of the facility and associated equipment to include preventative checks and repairs.
- Performs required minor and/or moderate repairs and general maintenance of the facility and equipment including electrical, carpentry, plumbing, floor repair, rack repair and painting.
- Perform battery changes for all MHE as well as doing minor battery maintenance such as watering and replacing connectors.
- Identify and report repairs that require the services of skilled vendors.
- Complete and document all safety inspections on Fire extinguishers, battery changer, hoists, and more.
- Perform all duties directed by management as it relates to facility maintenance.
- Abide by all work rules and policies outlined by Penske and the local management team.
- •Support operations department by providing suggestions and developing solutions as needed.
- •Be a point of contact during off shift hours for facilities issues.
- 4 years of warehouse experience required
- 2 years of inventory or materials management experience preferred
- 2 years of supervisory experience preferred
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- Prior forklift certification preferred
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint preferred
- Ability to learn and use proprietary software required
- Flexible to work overtime preferred
- Ability to work in non-climate-controlled conditions
- Ability to lead a small team, ability to work independently, customer service, dealing with others, multi-tasking skills, organizational skills, flexibility required, excellent with numbers, time management, and ability to execute are required.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening required.
- This position is designated as safety sensitive by the company, and the ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is required. Associates must have the ability to accept responsibility for their own safety, as well as the safety of others.
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to remember and understand certain instructions, guidelines or other information.
- The associate must be able to see and verbally communicate.
- -Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- -While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management.
Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
About the Company
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates more than 300,000 vehicles and serves customers from more than 1,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions.