Mercy Health St. Elizabeth Youngstown Hospital is recruiting for a faculty position. The program is a 4-4-4 program in Continued Accreditation status with ACGME.
- Excellent Board passage rate 100% over the past 5 years.
- Many program graduates remain local working as ambulatory FM, traditional FM physicians or hospitalists.
- Responsibilities include curriculum development, ongoing maintenance of program accreditation, resident recruitment, scholarly activities, and patient care.
- Clinical duties include: hospital rounds with a resident team, precepting all levels of residents in the office, working with medical students, and direct patient care hours. Our group covers the nursery two months of the year. Our group also participates at the local Youngstown State University delivering care to students.
- The salaried position is full time with comprehensive benefits. Time is divided 70% faculty/30% clinical.
- The qualified physician will possess current board certification and be eligible for a license in Ohio.
- Will consider recent graduates.
- Affiliation with Northeast Ohio Medical University (NEOMED).
- Join 4 dedicated family medicine physicians along with 3 community preceptors and a psychologist.
- Continued faculty development available.
Our residency is in Youngstown, Ohio, just an hour’s drive from Cleveland and Pittsburgh. Youngstown is at the center of the Mahoning Valley, with a population of 550,000. It’s a comfortable and inviting community with excellent schools and affordable housing, plus dozens of galleries, museums, performance venues and historic sites.
cy Health Physicians offers an extensive network of physicians and is the largest group in the Mahoning Valley. Our team includes primary care physicians and a wide range of specialties.