Faculty Physician - Senior Pediatric Cardiologist Electrophysiologist
Fairview Health Services
Faculty Physician - University of Minnesota
The University of Minnesota Department of Pediatrics seeks a Senior Pediatric Cardiologist specializing in Electrophysiology for a full-time faculty position in the Division of Pediatrics Cardiology. The candidate will be appointed to the Academic Track.
About the Department:
The Pediatric Cardiology Department offers a collaborative group with great support in the lab by our interventional cardiologists (including joint procedures) and the Adult Electrophysiology service, including weekly lectures. Our Electrophysiology lab offers the most up-to-date Ensite (Navyx) 3-dimensional mapping system and a staff capable of supporting everything from complex ablations to leadless pacemaker and subcutaneous ICD implantations. The lab also supports the highest continental volume of pediatric leadless pacemaker and regional volume of subcutaneous ICD implantations, including a good relationship with our regional anesthesia team. Our EP team is well-versed with minimal fluoroscopy techniques, including using the 3-dimensional mapping system to minimize fluoroscopy during His-bundle pacemaker placements. The clinic device team also supports devices from all vendors.
The University of Minnesota and the Department of Pediatrics offer many start-up grants to help develop the research careers of junior or senior faculty.
A strong pediatric cardiology fellowship program is also an integral part of the Pediatric Cardiology group including many opportunities to teach and mentor clinically and in research endeavors.
About the Appointment:
- The candidate will be responsible for performing invasive and non-invasive electrophysiology evaluations and procedures as well as providing medical treatment for arrhythmias.
- There will be oversight responsibility for Pediatric Electrocardiography including Holter monitors and event monitor records.
- Besides the University of Minnesota system, there is a busy outreach system for electrocardiograms, Holters and even monitor tracings from other Twin Cities institutions and from greater Minnesota.
- The potential opportunity exists to interface with a busy Adult Electrophysiology service with intense research and clinical activity.
- Opportunities also exist for outreach electrophysiology activities within the state and out of state.
- The candidate may also participate in inpatient attending activities and outpatient clinics.
- Additional responsibilities will include: participation in the teaching of medical students, residents, and fellows, clinical practice through UMPhysicians, and participation in service activities on behalf of the department, the medical school, and your profession.
- The successful candidate will participate in research projects and other academic/scholarly activities either as a collaborator or independent researcher, and participate in faculty development activities tailored to the candidate's career interests and goals.
- Pediatric Heart Center
- University of Minnesota Masonic Childrens Hospital
- Academic time will be used to pursue scholarly work in the candidates area of specialty/research experience with a goal of developing collaborative or independent, externally funded research.
- He/she will provide clinical expertise in pediatric electrophysiology, as well as training and mentorship of learners at all levels (fellows, residents, and medical students). The availability of a large clinical database (currently in place) will create opportunities for excellence in clinical care as well as scholarly activities.
- Faculty will be active in their national organizations and foster an academic environment for medical students, residents and faculty.
- MD/DO must be a graduate of an accredited ACGME Pediatric residency and Pediatric Cardiology fellowship training programs
- Must have successfully completed advanced Pediatric Electrophysiology training.
- Board certified and/or board eligible in Pediatric Cardiology
- Must have demonstrated involvement in clinical or basic science research through publications anticipated or published in peer-reviewed journals
- Licensed or ability to obtain Minnesota Board of Medical Practice Licensure
- Ability to obtain/maintain DEA certification in the State of Minnesota
- Meet threshold criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and Privileges
- Ability to receive work authorization in the United States from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and maintain legal status according to the requirements of VISA category while in the United States.
M Health and Clinical Partnerships:
University of Minnesota Physicians providers practice at affiliated locations under the University of Minnesota Health (M Health) shared care delivery system. M Health represents a collaboration between University of Minnesota Physicians, University of Minnesota Medical Center and Fairview Health Services to create a nationally renowned academic health system that combines academic and community resources to provide the very best clinical care to patients and communities, while also supporting research and education across the joint healthcare delivery system.
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC):
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC), is among the largest public research universities in the country, offering undergraduate, graduate, and professional students a multitude of opportunities for study and research. Located at the heart of one of the nation's most vibrant, diverse metropolitan communities, students on the campuses in Minneapolis and St. Paul benefit from extensive partnerships with world-renowned health centers, international corporations, government agencies, and arts, nonprofit, and public service organizations.
University of Minnesota is based in the beautiful Minneapolis-St. Paul metropolitan area, ranked as the #6 best place to live in America by U.S. News & World Report in 2019. For more information about the vibrant culture, community, and recreation that Minneapolis-St. Paul has to offer, please click on the links below.
EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to any lawfully protected status.