EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: 2 -4 Years
EDUCATION REQUIRED: Master’s Degree
The Family Therapist with Trauma Specialization will primarily provide therapeutic care within a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) for individuals facing homelessness. The chosen candidate will provide individual or group psychotherapies, including evidence-based psychotherapy modalities: cognitive processing therapy (CPT) and prolonged exposure (PE) as well as other CBT-based, trauma-informed treatment. In addition, this position will include a portion of the time providing direct clinical services within Permanent Supportive Housing programs for adults, children & adolescents facing homelessness. The Family Therapist is accountable to the Lead Behavioral Health Consultant.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carries out the mission of HHH and ensures the quality of services through interaction with patients
- Provides support services to patients with physical health, mental health and/or substance abuse diagnoses
- Performs assessments of patient needs and with patient and develops a negotiated care plan
- Evaluates and/or revises care plan as indicated with appropriate documentation in progress notes and communicates this to relevant multi-disciplinary team members
- Provides evidence-based treatments for individuals with exposure to trauma
- Builds and maintains a therapeutic relationship with patients through engagement and negotiated goal setting
- Maintains clinical documentation
- Maintains organization and patient confidentiality
- Advocates with community service providers to facilitate access of patients to needed services
- Performs other duties as deemed necessary by supervisors
- Conducts group classes and group visits to promote skill building, education and improved health for the patient as needed
- Attends and participates in meetings and Quality Improvement activities as required
- Participates in evaluation of peers, support staff and supervisor as required
- Sustains productivity expectations established by supervisor
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills of personnel so classified.
PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOR
- Is familiar with and experience using empirically-supported protocols for trauma treatment such as ACT for trauma treatment, trauma focused CBT, DBT for trauma treatment, EMDR, Prolonged Exposure, & Cognitive Processing Therapy
- Demonstrates characteristics for working within a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal and negotiating skills
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills; strong verbal and written skills
- Manages time effectively, handles multiple assignments simultaneously, and prioritizes projects
- Demonstrates professionalism in appearance and actions
- Supports the agency Mission and Standards of Excellence
- Assumes responsibility for own actions, behavior, quality of work, and productivity
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling or related field
- Currently licensed in the State of Texas to practice
- Practice experience in the Primary Care Behavioral Health (PCBH) model
- Practice experience with trauma-informed care/treating individuals with exposure to trauma
- Ability to use Microsoft Office and Excel, spreadsheets, and computer data-base systems
- Experience and/or interest in working with homeless and/or medically underserved populations
- Experience working with both adults and children.
- Generally, work is done in an office environment with pleasant working conditions; however, there are times when the work environment is fast-paced and chaotic.
- The work hours are reasonably regular.
- Not normally required to exert physical effort.
Employment Type: Full Time
Years Experience: 3 - 5 years
Salary: $45,271 - $58,854 Annual