Be a part of a team dedicated to helping people build families!
Fertility Centers of Illinois is one of the nation’s leading infertility treatment practices, providing advanced reproductive endocrinology services in the Chicagoland area for more than 30 years.
At Fertility Centers of Illinois, we believe that every person, every couple, deserves compassionate care during the fertility treatment process. Every member of our team is dedicated to providing our patients every possible opportunity for successful family-building.
Our goal is simple: to provide the highest quality of care that results in a healthy pregnancy for our patients.
Together, we make families happen!
- More than 65,000 patients cared for since 1997
- Eleven (11) nationally and internationally recognized, fellowship-trained physicians
- Over 30,000 babies born!
- More In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) procedures than any other practice in the Midwest-more than 25,000 since 1997
- State-of-art facilities offering a less costly alternative than hospitals
- The only infertility practice in the Midwest providing professional counseling from in-house, licensed, clinical psychologists and behavioral health specialists
- One of the nation’s first fertility practices to integrate holistic/mind-body approaches to complement medical treatment
What if each day you could….
- Make a difference in the lives of others
- Fulfill the dreams of parenthood for a couple or individual
- Work in a team environment that has a common goal
- See challenges as opportunities to excel and grow as an individual while contributing to an important mission
You can do this here at Fertility Centers of Illinois!
We are searching for a full time Medical Assistant to support our River North clinic. This position includes mandatory weekend rotations.
The Medical Assistant provides support to the Nurses, Ultrasonographers, and Physicians for procedures by setting up the room and assisting with IUI’s, endometrial biopsies, etc. This position will also provide patient focused care by comforting anxious patients, providing clarity on physician instructions, and offering patient education.
Responsibilities of the Medical Assistant include:
- Perform venipuncture and collect other laboratory specimens using proper technique and Universal Precautions.
- Closely follow laboratory instructions for specimen collection, storage and transport.
- Adhere to insurance requirements regarding laboratory specimens.
- Confirm laboratory orders in ArtWorks and/or encounter forms to ensure specimen accuracy.
- Ensure that required consent forms for testing are completed.
- Verify patient identifiers when obtaining laboratory specimens.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of lab changes and requirements.
- Keep phlebotomy lab and other clinical areas clean and stocked.
- Sterilize equipment.
- Ensure that timely preventive maintenance and repairs are performed on clinical equipment, notify manager of any equipment-related issues.
- Entry of New patient/couple medical history in AW, creating the New Patient mock treatment plan in AW.
- Completion of Mock/Evaluation cycles in ArtWorks.
- Enter orders for all prescreening labs (male and female) into ArtWorks.
- Enter financial request and confirm financial approval (for mock cycles) into ArtWorks.
- Create and sign off patient checklist in ArtWorks.
- Call in/approve prescription refills for specific medications (Prenatal vitamins, birth control pills, thyroid medications, Vitamin D, and others) as assigned by a registered nurse or MD.
- Review, scan and enter outside patient records.
- Assist the patient in updating and providing pre-treatment requirements.
- Medication prior authorizations (when necessary).
- Programmed patient care follow up contact.
- Performing Intrauterine Insemination, using proper technique and patient witnessing system.
- Generalized patient consents.
Data entry/Computers/Clerical tasks:
- Utilize Electronic Medical Record to access necessary clinical information, process lab orders, and to document patient care activities, outcomes, and test results.
- Utilize NextGen to access necessary demographic, insurance, scheduling, and other information, and to schedule appointments.
- Utilize online laboratory systems for ordering of laboratory and genetic tests as necessary.
- Maintain patient confidentiality by abiding by all aspects of HIPAA.
- Maintain a safe, secure, and healthy work environment by abiding by all aspects of OSHA.
- Adhere to all Practice standards, policies and procedures.
- Adhere to incident reporting policy and procedures.
Accountability and professionalism:
- Develop and maintain professional and effective working relationships with all customers and Practice physicians and staff.
- Actively demonstrate behaviors associated with problem-solving, multi-tasking, and accountability.
- Keep knowledge and skills current by attending continuing education and training opportunities.
- Assist with training of new lab staff.
Additional patient care tasks:
- Take heights, weights, and vital signs and document results appropriately (location dependent).
- Perform intra-uterine inseminations (requires proficiency training)
- Collaborate with nursing team to promptly address patient questions and issues.
- Provide anticipatory guidance for patients in terms of when to expect results and further information/instructions.
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assisted program in Illinois
- Medical Assistant certification is required. Certified by the Certifying Board of the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)-
- Experience in a medical office setting a plus.
- Technical skills (i.e. venipuncture/phlebotomy, injections).
- Proficiency with computer systems (i.e. Artworks, Next Gen, lab portals- training provided)
- Knowledge of and compliance with insurance requirements related to laboratory test ordering.
- Adherence to all standards, policies and procedures associated with safety, sanitation, confidentiality, and company operations.
- Current CPR/BLS certification- preferred.
The Fertility Centers of Illinois offers:
- An amazing opportunity for you to make a transformative difference in people’s lives!
- Competitive salary.
- Medical (Blue Cross/Blue Shield), dental, life, 401K, STD, LTD, life insurance and vision coverage for full time employees.
- A very generous PTO policy and six (6) paid holidays.
- Pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Tuition reimbursement ($1,000.00) for full time employees after one year!
- Free Annual Wellness Screenings for all employees.
- Flexible Spending Account.
- Free Flu Shots.
- Employee assistance program.
For additional information on FCI, please visit our website at www.FCIonline.com.
Fertility Centers of Illinois participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a service that verifies authorization to work in the U.S through the U.S Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the U.S Department of Social Security (SSA).
All offers of employment with Fertility Centers of Illinois are contingent upon the background check, drug screen and reference check process.