Field Merchandising Representative
Job DescriptionHave you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 33 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (BBU) employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
Come join the largest baking company in the world and our family of 20,000 associates nationwide!
The Route Sales – FMR (FMR) is an entry level route sales position that acts as the face of Bimbo Bakeries USA (BBU) in the market to our customers and clients while selling and delivering fresh baked products to retail customers, restaurants, and institutions. This position supports and operates a route, which entails loading and unloading product from a route truck, merchandising product in store, selling displays at retail and general communication with store personnel and internal within the Sales Center. FMR will conduct all tasks in a safe and courteous manner.
Top Reasons to Work at Bimbo Bakeries USA:
- Great starting pay and commission!
- Excellent benefits package!
- Growing organization & increased demand for products!
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Your primary focus is to maximize and grow sales and freshness through building strong customer relationships, driving and contributing to profitable sales growth, and provide sales-related customer service that exceeds expectations.
- You will analyze sales data to drive effective decisions in the marketplace and grow brand recognition.
- You will increase sales volumes and market penetration through world-class direct store delivery excellence (DSDE) tactics and methods.
- You will identify and take action towards growth opportunities by soliciting new customers, increasing promotional displays and developing sales leads in the territory.
- You will conduct daily route settlement procedures to account for all products, invoices, and cash.
- You will cover routes at other local sales centers.
- You will perform merchandising and rotation of all products to ensure the best quality and freshness of our products. Pull ups of a list of stores furnished by management.
- You will drive in store product representation with seamless execution of company and brand promotions while ensuring racks are set in accordance with customer guidelines.
- You will introduce new products and services to maximize sales and shelf space within existing accounts and when soliciting new customers.
- You will be responsible for inventory counts and placing accurate product orders in the order management tool on a handheld device to increase freshness and product variety.
- You will pack out back-room stock. Deliver relays and set up displays.
- You will drive a company route truck safely; safely loads and unloads the truck.
- You will correctly complete DOT logs and submit other documentation, paperwork and deposits on time.
- Additional responsibilities and duties as assigned by supervisor.
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- You have a strong analytical ability to gather and interpret data, in situations where the problems are somewhat complex (dealing with people, procedures and equipment).
- You work well in a team-based environment, have solid interpersonal skills, and you are not averse to change.
- You must be able to perform basic math and computer skills; SAP, Oracle, CPD preferred
- You act with a Continuous Improvement (CI) mindset: focus on improving efficiencies while decreasing waste.