Field Research Agronomist
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures are approx. 3.8 billion Euros turnover, over 800 laboratories across 50 countries and about 50,000 staff.
With over 50 years of experience in the crop protection industry, Eurofins Agroscience Services offers outstanding technical knowledge and project management skills. By acquiring a carefully selected range of CRO's, Eurofins Agroscience Services has created a unique portfolio of expertise that provides analytical, regulatory, and field support to plant breeders, agrochemical, biopesticide, biocide, and fine chemical manufacturers.
Eurofins Agroscience Services is searching for a Field Research Agronomist to work in Sanger, CA.
Field Research Agronomist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Familiar with California, central valley’s agriculture and crop system;
- Experience in conducting pesticide efficacy related research work. Responsible for a broad range of activities including trial bid, protocol development, trial planning and execution, as well as timely data summary report.
- Conduct high quality in-house and field tests for plant pests using synthetic chemicals and biologicals to assess efficacy and crop safety is the essential;
- Ensure that all activities meet local, state, and Federal regulations and laws;
- Work with Field Station Manager to ensure all projects and testing is adequately planned;
- Work with the Field Station Team expand testing capabilities and increase assay spectrum;
- Provide support as needed to the Field Station Manager to ensure the facilities are in working order and all operations meet the standards set forth by the Corporate.
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- BS, MS in Plant Pathology, Entomology or other agricultural/related science or equivalent experience with 2+ years of related work experience.
- 2+ years of experience in discovery, development and commercialization of agricultural products
- Working knowledge of disease/insects/weeds management and appropriate field-testing procedures with a high level of technical competency
- Knowledge of agricultural cropping systems, pests, management practices, and products
- Experience in field plot technique and statistical analysis of data.
- Valid driver’s license
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time hours, Monday-Friday, with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Sanger, CA are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com.
What Happens Next
Our people are the backbone of what we do, so it's incredibly important we find the right individuals to join us. As a potential new recruit you'll be invited to meet the team in the form of an assessment centre or a staged interview process dependent on the role and it's requirements, this will give you the opportunity to see what working for Eurofins is really like and enable us to get you know your key skills and strengths.
As part of any recruitment process, the company collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The company is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.
We reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers. Therefore we would urge candidates to submit an application as early as possible.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive please be aware that if you do not receive a response within 4 weeks of the vacancy expiry date unfortunately, on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.