30+ days ago
STRONG HISTORY. EXCITING FUTURE.
Bolthouse Farms is a farm located in California's fertile San Joaquin Valley, known for high-quality consumer brands and innovative products. Bolthouse Farms is a market share leader in growing and distributing carrots. In addition, Bolthouse Farms produces and sells super-premium juices, smoothies, protein shakes and café beverages under the Bolthouse Farms® brand name. In recent years, Bolthouse Farms diversified its offerings by launching a line of premium refrigerated yogurt dressings and extra virgin olive oil vinaigrettes. The Bolthouse Farms mission is to change the way people consume healthy foods and beverages.
The Field Sales & Merchandising Representative (FSR) is responsible for sales and general merchandising duties at store and divisional level in their respective territory. The successful FSR will source new sales opportunities and close sales to achieve Field Sales quotas. The successful candidate will play a key role in increasing income and revenue by managing and negotiating with clients, generating leads, qualifying prospects and managing sales of products and services. As an FSR they will also research sales competition.
· Act as main point person on all Bolthouse Farms field sales and merchandising responsibilities within an assigned territory
· Act as the Sales Liaison to a specific account or retailer determined by assigned territory
· Work prospects through the entire sales cycle, including developing new leads, educating prospects, and turning interested shoppers into long term customers
· Efficiently plan and execute projects within territory according to company objectives
· Develop and implement strategies for achieving and exceeding set sales targets.
· Monitor the company’s industry competitors, new products, and market conditions.
· Carry out survey of the industry to identify trends such as price of competing products, product demand and current merchandising.
· Conduct strategic field sales tactics by establishing and maintaining “win-win" business relationships with supermarket personnel including Store Associates, Department Managers, Store Managers, Regional Specialists and corporate buying influences. This includes but is not limited to: selling in secondary product displays, expanding product facings on shelf, filling distribution gaps (ACV), and optimizing product placement.
· Responsible for maximizing sales and customer service through effective planning, relationship building, and in-store servicing.
· Responsible for finding creative solutions to expand shelf space, placement of POS (signage) materials, installing glide racks, resetting displays (potentially adjusting shelves), rolling out new products, implementing secondary displays, conducting market research projects, reactivating current, and/or selling in new innovation where permitted/applicable
· Responsible for establishing and completing weekly, monthly, and quarterly goals to accomplish performance metrics
· Prepare and present to management regular reports on territory sales operations and generated revenue to Regional and National Field Sales team, Regional Sales Managers, National Sales Directors, and cross-functional personnel throughout the organization.
· Act as a Brand Ambassador within assigned territory, with regular and direct interaction with consumers
· Responsible for conducting in store demos where permitted.
· Attending and/or participating in RSM/NSD sales calls.
· Create and Implement business-advancing projects for all chains in the territory to increase awareness of new products, limit out of stocks, inform Produce Manager of ad specials, etc.
· Daily reporting of activities through Flowfinity software application
· Analyze and apply the use of sales data, scan data, and IRI data to create strategies and goals for business advancement, create proposals (sell sheets/regional presentations)
· The scope of the Field Sales Representative will change based on business needs and market trends.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· The ability and desire to sell with a confident and determined approach
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· The ability to comprehend and analyze data
· A high degree of self-motivation and drive with the capacity to flourish in a competitive environment
· The ability to work both independently and as a team
· Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Power Point, Word, and Outlook) and ability to learn proprietary software applications
· Available for extensive local travel within territory (with some overnight travel required)
· Bachelor’s Degree or combination of education and at least 3 years of relevant experience as a Produce Manager, Grocery Manager, Assistant Grocery Manager, or industry equivalent
· Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
Note: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.