Subaru Distributors Corp. (SDC), headquartered in Orangeburg, NY is seeking a Field Service Engineer (FSE) residing in the Westchester/Putnam/Dutchess County NY area to support 11 Authorized Subaru Retailers in the district spanning those counties. The FSE is responsible for providing the highest level of field technical support and product quality research in the organization. Additionally, the FSE is responsible for assisting retailers with development and implementation of technical training plans that facilitate retailer compliance with Subaru brand standards.
- Prevention of Lemon Law re-purchases and settlements through proactive field work.
- Provide high level technical assistance for properly escalated vehicle repair assistance cases in the form of phone, email, and retailer field visits.
- Working with and educating retailer personnel on proper vehicle diagnostics, repair, and escalation processes.
- Monitoring of daily and weekly vehicle down alert lists and taking ownership of cases requiring expedited resolution.
- Works with Subaru field quality department on product improvement, vehicle quality and current investigation information gathering.
- Performs field investigations independently and with Subaru Corporation Engineers issuing detailed reports on findings and proposed resolutions.
- Field evaluation of proposed product enhancements prior to release & evaluating product enhancement effectiveness after release.
- Monitor assigned retailers’ technical training objectives to ensure compliance with the Subaru Technical Training Requirement and Fixed Right the First-Time (FRFT) objectives.
- Assist in development of retailer level technician technical training plans for Service Manager’s use in registering technicians to instructor led and web-based Subaru technical training courses.
- Technical support for all departments in Subaru Distributors Corp.
- Provide support and testimony on behalf of Subaru in legal actions brought against Subaru by consumers.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum 5 years automotive experience in warranty service and repair is required.
- Subaru experience is preferred but not required.
- ASE A1-A8, L1, L3 & Section 609 Certification.
- Valid driver’s license.
- AS Degree or higher in Automotive Technology or related field preferred, equivalent experience in manufacturer-based field technical service considered.
- Proficient in Microsoft 365, with a strong understanding of Outlook, Word, Power Point and Excel.
- Detail oriented and organized, able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work in a team-based environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to complete tasks without supervision.
- Ability to command respect from retailer personnel and deal with potentially adverse situations.
Travel Information and other information
- This position requires a considerable amount of travel 4-5 days a week with overnight stays.
- Occasional travel on the weekends may be required.
- Applicant will have to travel via airplane a few times per year.
- All business-related travel expenses are reimbursed.
- The employee is provided with a company vehicle, cell phone, computer, equipment, and related offices supplies.
Physical Demands & Internal Work Environment
- May be required to lift moderate to heavy automotive parts and equipment.
- Prolonged standing and bending while performing tasks similar to an automotive technician.
About The Company
Subaru Distributors Corp. (“SDC”) is the exclusive regional distributor of Subaru vehicles and parts in New York and Northern New Jersey. The company has experienced consistent growth and expects to continue to do so. We offer a full array of benefits including, medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401k with matching contributions and paid time off. SDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.