The Field Technical Specialist (FTS) is a key participant in Toyota's process of continuous improvement. By engaging with dealership technicians and making field diagnostic visits, the FTS is responsible for identifying issues, clarifying problems and engaging the appropriate teams to implement and evaluate countermeasures to resolve technical issues and improve customer satisfaction.
Essential Position Duties:
* Provide direct "hands on" technical support including installation assistance and field diagnostic visits to resolve complex technical issues.
* Development and publication of advanced diagnostic procedures for current Toyota forklift models including error codes and common field repairs.
* Continuously facilitate the improvement of the product via technical reports, quality alerts, audits, etc. with the respective manufacturing, engineering, and quality groups.
* Assist Sales, Marketing, Product, Training and Legal Departments by providing detailed technical support and product information.
* Assist the Warranty Department on judgments or understanding of forklifts and related products.
* This position requires up to 75% travel that may arise with minimal notice.
* Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
* Additional duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Technical discipline preferred. Alternative degrees and extensive work experience in relevant industries will be considered.
* ASE certification or technical training in hydraulics, electrical systems, engines and drivetrains.
* Three or more years of experience providing technical support in the material handling, heavy equipment or automotive industries.
* Experience with customer or dealer communications a plus.
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require the ability to be on feet for long periods of time, perform physically demanding work and could be at heights greater than 20 feet. May use a full range body motion for climbing, pushing, lifting and reaching. Proper lifting techniques required. May perform strenuous and heavy work, can exert force up to 100 pounds on occasion and frequently handle loads to 50 pounds. Frequent use of computer and telephone.
Primary environment: ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
About Toyota Material Handling
Let Toyota take your career to new heights. Toyota Material Handling provides employees with the opportunity to make a meaningful impact through innovation and creativity in an unmatched culture.
Based in Columbus, Indiana, Toyota offers a full line of high-quality material handling equipment sold under the Toyota brand for over 50 years. We are proud of our large and diverse workforce. We seek individuals committed to excellence with talent, skill and innovation. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package with a pleasant and challenging work environment. Life is better at Toyota.
Benefits that set Toyota apart:
* Competitive Salary bonus program
* Low cost Medical with Free Dental and Free Vision Insurance
* Free On-Site Medical Center
* On-Site Pharmacy
* Free On-Site Recreational Complex
Affirmative Action Responsibility:
It is the Company's policy to afford equal employment and advancement opportunity for all qualified individuals without distinction or discrimination because of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled