Financial Aid Advisor
DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Galen College of Nursing is a vibrant and growing, single-purpose nursing college focused on expanding access to quality nursing education. Our culture is at the forefront of everything we do. Galen’s fundamental goals are to be the best place for nursing education and the best place to work and one cannot be true without the other.
At Galen College of Nursing, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Bonus Pay Opportunities
- Mental Health coverage
As you consider joining Galen, please carefully consider how you will model the culture we embrace and look to sustain. A culture where good ideas can come from anywhere and transparency is vital. Respect, accountability and integrity are non-negotiables, and commitment is created and sustained through the development of all employees. We care about each other and our students. We look for ways to exceed expectations and we are always looking for ways to improve and grow, while delivering the promise of extraordinary nursing education, matched only by a commitment to our students’ success. If you feel our culture aligns with your strength of experience, attitude and authentic desire to work with great people to help changes lives, we’d love to talk!
Galen College is looking for a Financial Aid Advisor to provide information, guidance, and assistance regarding various types of financial assistance, including, but not limited to Federal Financial Aid, to facilitate the enrollment, persistence, and completion of students, consistent with the College's mission. While financial aid experience is preferred for this role, it is not required. The ideal candidate for this position would have strong customer service experience.
Financial Aid Advisor Responsibilities:
- Assist and guide active students throughout their program:
- Contact current students about missing/incomplete documents.
- Assist current students with completion of forms as needed.
- Review financial aid application for accuracy and ensure eligible aid is packaged and disbursed in a timely manner.
- At program end, track and document completion of Exit Counseling, following-up with students as necessary.
- Provide continued support and education to students and their parents on topics related to Financial Aid, including, but not limited to Title IV Federal Financial Aid, eligibility, financial literacy, and loan repayment.
- Thoroughly document student communication in Ellucian Colleague, including, but not limited to email, phone calls, text messages, and meetings.
- Assist in other phases of financial aid and student support, as necessary.
- Attend financial aid training, workshops and seminars, as necessary
- Bachelors degree preferred. Experience in lieu of a degree will be considered.
- Ellucian Colleague and Federal Financial Aid programs preferred, but not required.
- Customer Service experience
Skills: Ability to effectively and professionally communicate with a diverse group of students, staff, faculty, and the community in a service-oriented environment. Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects while meeting deadlines. Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times.
Special Qualifications: Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products. Must be able to secure access to all Department of Education websites, including, but not limited to NSLDS, COD, CPS, etc. Candidates should have no prior history of student loan default.
Physical/Mental Demands & Work Environment: Must be able to sit at a computer desk for eight hours each day.
Degree of Supervision: Minimal.
Inclusivity: I foster an environment that provides opportunity for every individual to reach their full potential.
Character: I act with integrity and compassion in all I do.
Accountability: I own my role and accept responsibility for my actions.
Respect: I value every person as an individual with unique contributions worthy of consideration.
Excellence: I commit myself to the highest level of quality in everything I do.
At Galen College of Nursing, we offer a unique educational experience we call Pure Nursing. With a focus on nursing education, our knowledgeable and caring faculty and staff take personal interest in helping our students achieve their goals. Galen is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award Associate, Baccalaureate, and Master's Degrees. Our baccalaureate degree in nursing program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), and the associate and master’s degree in nursing programs are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). For complete information related to Galen’s accreditation status, please visit our website.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.