Financial Analyst -- Financial and Valuation Advisory (Board & Special Committee Advisory / Transaction Opinions)
Houlihan Lokey (NYSE: HLI) is a global investment bank with expertise in mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, financial restructuring, valuation, and strategic consulting. The firm serves corporations, institutions, and governments worldwide with offices in the United States, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific region. Independent advice and intellectual rigor are hallmarks of our commitment to client success across our advisory services. Houlihan Lokey is ranked as the No. 1 M&A advisor for all U.S. transactions, the No. 1 global restructuring advisor, and the No. 1 global M&A fairness opinion advisor over the past 20 years, according to Thomson Reuters.
Our Board & Special Committee Advisory group provides advice to board of directors and special committees in valuing complex businesses and securities, understanding and structuring critical transaction issues, advising on alternatives, and rendering transaction opinions. The group primarily focuses on complex situations, related-party transactions, and other corporate governance issues for board of directors and special committees.
As the No. 1 global M&A fairness opinion advisor over the past 20 years, Houlihan Lokey enjoys industry-leading credibility in transaction opinions. Our dedicated Transaction Opinions group delivers fairness, solvency, and valuation advisory services across a variety of situations including mergers, acquisitions, divestitures/spin-offs, SPACs/PIPEs, recapitalizations, restructurings, and activist shareholder situations.
We are looking for a Financial Analyst to be part of a dedicated team that focuses on complex analytics, financial models and valuation – and works hand-in-hand with other teams within our firm (i.e. M&A, industry groups, etc.) to deliver investment banking services to clients. Our Financial Analysts also work on stand-alone fairness, solvency and transaction-based valuation opinions.
Financial Analysts support engagements and new business development by:
- Analyzing and explaining historical and projected financial information;
- Performing business and financial due diligence;
- Conducting industry and sub-sector research;
- Valuing companies, businesses and securities;
- Building complex financial models (e.g., to support negotiating/advocacy positions, assess cash flows of a company and/or value specific securities);
- Assisting with the preparation of board/special committee presentations supporting advice and opinions;
- Participating in pitches and business development initiatives; and
- Supporting relationships with current and prospective clients.
The ideal candidate would possess the following qualities and background:
- At least one year of prior investment banking, valuation or related experience
- Strong accounting, finance, financial modeling and analytical abilities
- Strong qualitative and quantitative research skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Be an independent thinker and resourceful problem solver driven to succeed in a fast-paced environment
- Have a very strong work ethic, organizational skills and ability to multi-task
Additional consideration will be given to candidates who possess:
- An undergraduate degree in finance, accounting, economics or a related field, with academic distinction;
- A demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with all levels of staff
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.