FINANCIAL ANALYST (HSV-21-0144-F)
Bowhead seeks an experienced Financial Analyst (FA) in our Huntsville, AL office who will complete and assist in various financial functions such as budgeting, auditing, forecasting, trending and analysis. The FA is responsible for creating, updating, and analyzing budget estimates for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with procedures and regulations. The FA will track project expenses, updating spend plans and month end accruals as needed. The FA is also responsible for reporting, making recommendations, and analyzing project financial status on a monthly basis at a minimum; completing scheduled and ad hoc financial data calls for internal and external customers; and maintain compliance with company, contract, and federal/state applicable regulations and policies. They will interface with Program Management and Support Services in the execution of their duties on a regular basis. This position may assist in the preparation of proposals for new and existing delivery orders.
Specific tasks include but are not limited to:
• Preparing cost estimates
• Developing spend plans
• Tracking actual obligations and expenditures versus planned using ERP and EDW
• Updating Cobra spend plans at least monthly, tracking financial commitments and expenditures, participating in month-end-close duties to ensure financial data is accurate and in compliance with GAAP
• Compiling financial data to provide to the Business Financial Manager to complete action items and data calls
• At least three (3+) years of experience in a professional environment is required; at least two (2+) years must have been in the GovCon industry
• A Bachelor’s degree is highly desired however an Associate’s degree is required at a minimum
• Qualified candidates must have an understanding of various government contract types such as Costs Plus, Fixed Price, T&M as well as an understanding of basic accounting functions and regulations.
• Any familiarity or prior experience with Costpoint, Concur, Cobra, QlikView or similar systems is preferred
• Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
• Must be able to work with management and other functional areas in a fast-paced, multiple project environment with changing priorities
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: There are currently no Security Clearance requirements for this position; however, candidates must be able to successfully pass a background check. Due to the location of this work, US Citizenship is required. Bowhead reserves the right to change this requirement if necessitated by business needs or contractual obligations.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting.
Link to Apply: https://rn21.ultipro.com/UKP1001/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*57C210F1F4244F4E