As a Financial Analyst at Bio-Rad you will be a key part of the Global Commercial(Sales & Services) Finance team. You will partner with functional leaders to prepare budgets, forecasts, monthly financial analysis and reporting, and provide ad ...
As a Financial Analyst at Bio-Rad you will be a key part of the Global Commercial(Sales & Services) Finance team. You will partner with functional leaders to prepare budgets, forecasts, monthly financial analysis and reporting, and provide ad hoc analysis for decision making support. You will be expected to have in-depth knowledge of your customer business unit or function in order to provide accurate forecasts and review assumptions underlying forecasts. You should have a strong analytical background with strict attention to detail. You are a highly motivated, technically proficient person with a strong sense of ownership and business ethics to deliver quality work on a daily basis.
- Lead and support business teams in the annual operating budget and forecast processes.
- Prepare monthly variance analysis of actuals to forecast and budget, explain and investigate any major discrepancies, and understand key business drivers.
- Participate in monthly close process (accruals, reviews, journal entries) and review meetings with business partners.
- Act as liaison between the business and accounting shared services group.
- Identifies business process improvement opportunities, develops solution options, engages management and stakeholders to align on decisions, implements approved plan, and revises desk level procedures to reflect changes.
- Research and respond timely and accurately to business partner inquiries.
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis.
- Business Partnership and Collaboration: The candidate must demonstrate an ability to build strong relationships with Finance and non-Finance business partners. The candidate should be a proactive leader exhibiting influencing capabilities with business partners and a willingness to maintain open and transparent communication across the organization.
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance or related field; advanced degree a plus.
- 2-5 years experience.
- Detail oriented with attention to process and documentation in addition to accuracy.
- Strong Excel skills (PivotTables, Sumifs, Sumproduct).
- Strong written communications skills to clearly convey monthly reporting to stakeholders.
- PowerBI or related experience preferred.
- Ability to translate GAAP terms to non-accounting partners.
- Ability to manage deadlines from multiple project streams.
- Experience with Enterprise level Accounting and Planning software desired; Essbase and SAP preferred.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.