Advanced level of professional analyst work. Works in one or more areas of financial, business or budget analysis under the direction of management. Duties include research, selection, and compilation of financial data from multiple sources, such as sales, production, accounting, public sources or vendors and subsequent analysis of that data to produce business information used to support decisions. Data are often difficult to obtain and may be diluted with unnecessary data points. Identifies questionable data and may then direct others in verifying the accuracy of data. Work assignments are of the greatest difficulty and largest financial impact. Provides work leadership and direction to other professional and clerical staff with respect to project approach and identification of project tasks. Typically requires a bachelor’s degree in business with 5+ years of experience or a master's of business administration and 2+ years of experience.ESSENTIAL DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITES
DUTIES AND TASKS
- Conducts special studies to analyze complex financial actions and prepares recommendations for policy, procedure, control, or action.
- Provides interpretation of financial policies, governmental legislation, accounting theory, or customer financial regulations.
- Analyzes financial information to determine present and future financial performance.
- Identifies trends and recommends improvements accordingly.
- Evaluates complex profit plans, operating records, and financial statements.
- Directs preparation of studies, reports, and analyses in areas such as budgets, forecasts, financial plans, governmental requirements, statistical reports, cash flow projections, and business forecasts.
- Interprets and applies corporate financial policies, government legislation, and accounting theory.
- Establishes databases of pertinent information for use in analyzing future plans and forecasts.
- Makes recommendations to management regarding cost saving or profit generating opportunities and profitability improvement strategies.
- Coordinates with all levels of management to gather, analyze, summarize, and prepare recommendations regarding financial plans, acquisition activity, new business planning, trended future requirements, government requirements, and operating forecasts.
- Researches and prepares economic reports on subjects such as rate of return, depreciation, working capital requirements, investment opportunities, investment performance, and impact of governmental requirements.
- Assists organization's controller in the development of the budget, planning, and other corporate financial requirements.
Works on assignments that are moderately complex in nature where judgment and analysis are required in resolving problems and making recommendations. Insures that all details of a task are accomplished properly.SUPERVISION GIVEN AND RECEIVED
Works under minimum supervision. Assignments are received in the form of results expected, due dates and general procedures to follow. This position has no supervisory responsibilities.QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Skills/ Knowledge:
Possesses all basic and some advanced skills and knowledge. Has a thorough understanding of the total process flow.Language Ability:
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.Math Ability:
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis.Reasoning Ability:
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.Personal Competencies:
Sets good examples for others, good role model. Participates in continuous improvement efforts. Considers the impact on the customer when making decisions. Uses judgment and tact.Computer Skills:
Advanced Excel, Google Sheets, PowerPoint and strong technical and systems related skills.Education:
Bachelor’s degree in business with 5+ years of experience or a master's of business administration and 2+ years of experience.Work Environment:
Fast-paced and high-growth manufacturing and office environment. Core values are:
- Solutions Oriented
- Honorable in Thoughts, Actions and Decisions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Physical Demands:
Ability to concentrate and sit for long periods of time. Ability to move from location to location to meet with employees and management. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.