Enterprise Reporting and Analystics team seeks an experienced Financial Analyst! The Financial Analyst utilizes field knowledge to perform duties including conducting and documenting complex financial and budget projects, performing research and analysis to provide management with financial information, and making recommendations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates in teams supporting high visibility strategic initiatives, including process improvement, clinical initiatives, strategic business line initiatives and financial initiatives.
- Coordinates with all levels of management to gather, analyze, summarize, and prepare recommendations regarding trends, proposed business plans and contracts.
- Constructs detailed financial models to assist in understanding present performance against projected plans, contractual agreements, and budgets.
- Creates highly efficient financial models by integrating data from multiple data sources using a combination of databases, system tools, advanced skills in MS Office products, and data warehouse SQL queries and scripts.
- Responsible for the maintenance and enhancements of financial models, analytical reports, and data warehousing for market data and Epic/EHR data used in provider compensation and recruitment, budgeting, and forecasting for management and corporate Finance.
- Develops and maintains data warehouse databases, scripts, system tools, and MS Office product solutions supporting ever-evolving provider compensation models and benchmarking analysis.
- Assist in the awareness and adaptation of techniques in the field of financial analysis and forecasting.
EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in financial analysis
- Minimum 5 years data analysis experience with respect to identifying and defining source data from large data sets using SQL or other data profiling tools.
- SQL experience preferred.
- Strong financial modeling and analysis skills.
- Proficiency in verbal and written communication to senior and executive leadership.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Access skills including external data connections and PowerPivot development experience.
- Ability to perform complex mathematical calculations.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and take initiative in areas of responsibility.
- Ability to perform assigned responsibilities to successful conclusion with limited direction.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple or competing priorities.
- Healthcare and EHR data experience is preferred.
- Must achieve certification in at least one Epic application within first 2 years of employment.
- Designations preferred: CPA, CMA, CGMA
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work required in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive description of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of those assigned to this job.
We offer a competitive Total Rewards Program which includes insurance programs covering medical, dental, vision, life, long-term disability, generous time off, holidays, education reimbursement, and a 401(k) plan. Eligibility for benefits is dependent on factors such as position type and FTE. Contact your recruiter for more information.
Vancouver Clinic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Vancouver Clinic does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Vancouver Clinic is an alcohol and drug-free workplace. Offers are contingent on successful completion of drug and background screenings. Please note we follow Federal Guidelines regarding prohibited substances, even for those legal at the state level.