Financial Compliance Analyst
Montgomery County Employee Retirement Plans
Montgomery County Employee Retirement Plans (MCERP) manages the administration, compliance and financial reporting for the County's retirement programs. Our plans are currently valued at $6.0 billion in net assets, with $390 million in annual contributions and over $580 million in net annual investment income.
MCERP is seeking a Financial Compliance Analyst (Performance Management Data Analyst II) to join their team. The position will be responsible for the accounting and compliance monitoring of the assets of the Montgomery County Employee Retirement Plans.
- Accounting and reporting for the four retirement plan trust funds and the retiree health benefits trust;
- Analyzing and research complex accounting/financial issues and prepare written/oral reports addressing issues related to the retirement plans;
- Preparing work papers, schedules, exhibits and summaries to support audit findings;
- Evaluating the activities of the ERS investment managers to ensure compliance with guidelines and Board policies.
Selected candidate will be required to successfully complete medical history review prior to appointment. A criminal background and credit history check will be conducted on the selected candidate prior to appointment and will be a significant factor in the hiring decision.
Education: Three (3) years of professional experience performing data analysis and interpretation, program evaluation, and/or process improvement in an academic, data administration or business data analytics environment.
Education: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, Operations Research, Business Administration, Economics, Public Administration, Public Policy, Management, Finance, Statistics, Engineering or related field.
Equivalency: (1) An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted. (2) Possession of a graduate degree in one of the above fields may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
The applications of those individuals meeting the minimum qualifications will be reviewed to determine the extent, relevancy of training, and experience in the following areas:
1. A current and active CPA designation is preferred.
2. A Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Economics or Accounting is highly preferred.
3. Experience in pension accounting, administration, including regulatory and IRS reporting.
4. Experience working with Oracle and/or Peoplesoft systems.
5. Experience in analyzing and researching complex accounting and financial issues.
6. Experience preparing written and oral reports addressing retirement plan issues and audit findings.
7. Experience in evaluating financial activities to ensure compliance with guidelines and policies.
If selected for consideration for this position, you may be required to provide evidence that you possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities indicated on your resume.
Montgomery County Government offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
To view the complete job announcement and to apply,
please visit our website at https://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/HR/Recruitment/MCGCareers.html
click on the “Search Jobs" tab, and then on the Job Search link
Read the full job description under the “General Professional” Job Category.
Interested candidates must create an online account in order to apply.
The requisition number is IRC46574
This Recruitment will remain open until position is filled
All resume submissions must address the preferred criteria for the position,
which are listed in the full advertisement, preferably in a separate section of the resume.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to review the Resume Preparation Tips
listed under the “How to Apply” tab on the Office of Human Resource’s MCG Careers webpage.