Financial Planning & Analysis, Senior Financial Analyst-SLC
Salt Lake City, UT
Finance Planning & Analysis (â€œFP&Aâ€) partners with firm and divisional leadership to understand and manage risks and create solutions through quantitative analysis, projecting and forecasting. We are responsible for firmwide business planning and transformation initiatives. The business planning function collaborates with groups across the firm to develop and manage the firmâ€™s forward looking strategic and financial plans, including the firmâ€™s P&L and financial resources. We identify Key Performance Indicators (â€œKPIsâ€) and measure the firmâ€™s performance against these metrics. FP&A is also charged with executing initiatives to transform, streamline and innovate business processes across the firm. These initiatives focus on the availability and reliability of financial information for internal stakeholders.
FP&A is responsible for effectively managing the firmâ€™s forward-looking business planning and strategic transformation initiatives. Our team collaborates with each of the firmâ€™s businesses, Controllers, Corporate Treasury, Risk, among other groups at the firm, to gain the expertise required to provide critical analysis to project and forecast financial results. We use our expertise to execute strategic initiatives to provide internal clients, such as firm and divisional leadership, access to financial information more efficiently and effectively. Professionals in the Finance division have an analytical mindset, exhibit intellectual curiosity and are from diverse academic backgrounds.RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
JOB SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES
Are you looking for a new opportunity to showcase your analytical, communication, and quantitative skills? Do you have the passion to help determine and evaluate financial decisions that impact business decisions? We have an excellent new position available as an Associate in the Financial Planning & Analysis division.
Our team monitors, analyzes and reports expenses in order to assist senior management with evaluating business decisions and key initiatives. In addition, the team also maintains key controls that ensure expense is accurately presented to internal clients, as well as liaising with our central finance function to ensure accurate reporting to external industry regulators and shareholders of the firm.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
As a member of the team, you will play a critical role in the expense management process. Key responsibilities include:
- Coordinate the annual budget and quarterly reforecast processes with various stakeholders (including developing deliverable timeline, reporting templates, shared assumptions, etc.)
- Consolidate and review all monthly financial reporting & deliverables for various stakeholders
- Submit monthly expense projections for Controllers
- Update allocation projections
Sub-ledger and General Ledger Accounting and Controls
- Review monthly sub ledger activity to substantiate accuracy and completeness of expenses; book journal entries (including accruals) where necessary
- Review and maintain methodologies/metrics used to allocate fully loaded expense to divisions
- Coordinate Balance Sheet Substantiation and Country Exposure Reporting for balances
- Interact and answer questions with legal entity Controllers and PwC
Reporting and Analytics
- Historical trending and analysis of expenses and other firmwide metrics
- Month to month fluctuation analytics
- Actual vs. Budget reporting & analytics
- All program reporting by division by region
- Other ad-hoc financial analysis
- Undergraduate degree in accounting and/or finance
- Ability to work with Excel on a day to day basis and strong technical skills
- 3+ years professional experience in accounting, budgeting, financial planning, reporting and analysis
- Strong accounting and analytical skills: ability to organize and analyze large datasets, detect and correct errors, interpret and report results to various audiences and take responsibility for data quality assurance
- Ability to identify opportunities to establish efficient and robust processes
- Attention to detail - highly organized with excellent follow-through and delivery
- Demonstrated ability to manage confidential information; impeccable judgement
- Demonstrated client service focus and ability to build relationships across levels
- Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Relevant business experience demonstrating:
- Successful project management and leadership within a team
- Complex analytic project design and execution
- Professional communication and thought-partnership with clients and stakeholders
- Familiarity with accounting tools such as Hyperion Essbase
- CPA or graduate degree in accounting and/or finance
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
Weâ€™re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity