Innovative, architectural fabrication company seeking full-time, motivated, and eager finisher/patina tech to work in a fast-paced, diverse and deadline-oriented environment. Position is shop and field-based. Must be able to work with little supervision. Good attitude and work ethic a must. Meticulous attention to detail and a strong desire to learn equally important. Must be flexible and team-oriented. Compensation based on experience and performance. Must be available 40+ hours per week. Experience with patina and or automotive paint required.
- Position requires an experienced individual to finish, prep, spray, lacquer, various materials to include brass, stainless, cold-rolled steel, bronze, copper, wood, glass, etc.
- Knowledge of metal/body work required; experience with hand applied and sprayed patinas required.
- The desired candidate is to be an effective communicator and team player with the ability to multitask, follow work instruction and maintain both accountability and accurate work documentation through a start to finish fab process.
- Knowledge and familiarity with basic shop tools and maintenance.
- Inspection of both raw material and finished product for conformance to specifications.
- Effective communication and organization.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and organized workspace
- Attention to detail, precise measuring, and strong finishing skills.
- Interpretation of manuals, design specifications, blueprints, SAE, and metric drawings a plus.
- Ability to complete installations offsite independently utilizing critical thinking and problem-solving skills as necessary.
- Knowledge of waterjet operation and CNC routing a plus.
- Welding, fabricating, woodwork, foam, MDF, stone, and other substrate knowledge a plus
- Minimum 3 years experience.
About Sunwest Fabrication:
- Starting at $20/hr based on experience and performance.
- Benefits include optional 401k and employer-sponsored health plan.
SunWest Fabrication specializes in the planning, designing, building and installation of commercial and residential projects of all scales and mediums. Working with a variety of architects, designers and general contractors, we work to develop and implement creative, intelligent and efficient fabrication solutions for even the most complex projects. From in-house engineering services to expert patina and finishing, SunWest delivers fabrication services from start to finish.