Summary & Reports to:
The Edge Fitness Club’s front desk is the hub where all of the day’s business starts and ends and is the place Fitness Consultants are stationed. It’s the area members approach when they need help or want to make a purchase. It is the point all members visit upon entry to the gym. It is also the initial impression when a potential member visits for the first time. When working behind the desk for the Edge Fitness Clubs you are expected to smile, greet all members by name, have fun, move fast and service all Edge members with a sense of urgency. The Fitness Consultant position is crucial to running any of our facilities. In this position, you will gain great insight into why our clubs are successful and follow The Edge’s mission statement.
Duties & Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Brings The Edge culture to life by ensuring each guest receives outstanding service by providing a guest friendly environment by greeting and acknowledging every guest, saying “hello” and “goodbye”, while maintaining outstanding standards.
- Proactively manages and resolves all member concerns and complaints that are brought forward. Maintains detailed communication related to the issues and complaints in Datatrak. Escalates any serious concerns and complaints to the GM.
- Provides exceptional customer service to retail operations (shake bar & pro-shop and juice bar items).
- Answers the telephone before the second ring with a smile, answering member questions or transitioning a prospect’s telephone inquiry over to a Sales Lead.
- Effectively schedules, cancels or reschedules personal training appointments for our members promptly.
- Understands the club’s daily revenue goals and helps drive the business, not babysit the business
- Strives to continuously improve the member experience, revenues and retention rates
- Maintains solid product knowledge and awareness of all product information, merchandise and services to find ways to upsell product
- Accurately and efficiently complete all sales transactions and maintains proper cash accountabilities at POS registers
- Understands the opportunities of the business: every phone call, prospects walking through the door, in and out of the club
- Set and attain all personal and professional monthly generating dollar goals
- Making the phone call to successfully book company set amount of appointments per day, leading to at least company amount set of showed appointments per day:
- Responding quickly to web lead inquiries
- Turning incoming phone calls to appointments in clubs
- Calling member referrals that are generated from each new membership
- Following up with missed guests
- Mastering the tour to close a high percentage of new members, while also ensuring the same high percentage of new members are booked into the initial fitness assessment and also to obtain referrals all at point of sale
- Performs daily outreach to generate off-site leads, appointments, and memberships within the community
- Builds excitement and value with the potential new member to ensure their first impression of the club is a good one, therefore guaranteeing they will join
- Creates enough value on the tour, therefore ensuring the new member will enroll in their initial fitness appointment
- Become skilled at creating rapport and building relationships with potential new members, guaranteeing they will provide you with referrals
- Mastering the price presentation ensuring that many of new members will see the value and join for 24 months over the minimum of 12 months
- Become proficient at educating the new member of the benefit of signing up with EFT as opposed to credit cards
- Mastering the telephone inquiry script incoming and outgoing and transfers enthusiasm on the phone calls to drive the prospect to our club
Follow Up & Organization:
- Promptly respond to prospect and member inquiries professionally and enthusiastically
- Organize prospects & all new members in our CRM system ensuring proper and timely follow up via phone, text or email
- Ensure that you are making the correct amount of phone calls that will lead to the correct amount of appointments per day
- Touching base with current members to check in, ask for more referrals and ensuring they took advantage of the initial fitness appointment
- Assists in replenishing merchandise at the shake bar, retail area and in the coolers.
- Conducts locker room and floor checks regularly throughout shift.
- Assists the Manager in loss prevention by adhering to all company policies and club standards.
- Contributes to creating a culture and environment consistent with company values and standards for employees and members.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Thrives in a customer focused environment
- Excellent Team-Work
Education & Experience:
- A University degree is preferred
- A strong focus on the customer/client
- Related industry experience preferred (i.e. retail, hospitality, leisure, fitness, etc.).
- Great communication skills
- Ethical Conduct
- Enthusiasm is a must, we will teach the skills needed to succeed
- Previous sales experience a plus
- Must be able to work well with others
Integrity & Trust: Demonstrates consistently sound personal and business ethics and behaviors. Builds trust with others through openness and candor. Communicates intentions, ideas, and feelings openly and directly.
Customer Service Orientation: Listens and responds effectively to customer questions; resolves customer problems to the customer’s satisfaction; respects all internal and external customers; uses a team approach when dealing with customers; follows up to evaluate customer satisfaction; measures customer satisfaction effectively; commits to exceeding customer expectations.
Communication Skills: Conveys information accurately, concisely and compellingly to a variety of audiences and adapts communication methods based on situation.
Technical Expertise: The ability to demonstrate in depth knowledge and skill in a technical area (Datatrak) and effectively applies those skills to solve a range of problems.
Product Knowledge Expertise: The ability to demonstrate in depth knowledge of how our products and services work, know the ins and outs of the products and services just like a customer who uses it every day would.
Results Orientation: The ability to focus on the desired result on one’s own unit of work, setting challenging goals, focusing effort on the goals and meeting and exceeding them.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This role will require walking and standing during entire shift, or remain stationary for long periods of time. This would require the ability to lift weights, 5lbs up to 200 lbs and bend or stand as necessary. This position will also require frequent washing of hands.
This job operates in a health club environment. This position routinely deals with club employees, members and vendors. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones. This is a high paced environment.
There is very little travel in this position. The employee may be asked to travel local infrequently to other clubs or to corporate for meetings.
Position type & expected hours of work:
This is a part time or full time position with varied hours based on the needs of the business.
Benefits: (For a Full-Time Employee)
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life insurance ($25k), MetLife
- Long Term Disability (LTD), MetLife
- PTO & Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP), MetLife
- Complimentary membership for you and one other (full time employees only)
- Employee Discounts and more!
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Edge Fitness, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws.
The above statements are intended to describe the general activities, duties and responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Please note these statements are not an exhaustive list of all activities, duties and responsibilities. Duties, Responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.