The Fitness Trainer will be responsible for running the Planet Fitness group fitness program (PE@PF). This includes assisting new members in the achievement of their fitness goals by designing a simple workout program and instructing them on the proper use of equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct and run the Planet Fitness PE@PF program, including creating and following the schedule.
- Consult with members regarding their fitness goals and instruct them on how to properly and safely use the equipment.
- Create bi-weekly updates consisting of a variety of exercises.
- Meet class requirements based on club size and member traffic.
- Assist in front desk related activities including:
- Answer phones in a friendly manner and assist callers with a variety of questions.
- Check members into the system.
- New member sign-up.
- Take prospective members on tours.
- Respond to member questions and concerns in a timely and professional manner and elevate to Assistant Manager or Manager as needed.
- A passion for fitness and health!
- Upbeat and positive attitude.
- Punctuality and reliability is a must.
- Exceptional customer service skills; able to interact in a positive and professional way with members and co-workers, exceeding the member’s expectations.
- Strong listener with the ability to empathize and problem solve.
- Demonstrate diplomacy in all interactions while using appropriate behavior and language.
- Current CPR Certification required.
- Nationally Certified Training Certificate required.
- High School diploma/GED equivalent required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Continual standing and walking during shift.
- Continual talking in person or on the phone during shift.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 75 lbs.
- Will occasionally encounter toxic chemicals during shift.
All staff will also receive a free Black Card membership after 90 days of employment
As a Core Development and Management employee you are eligible for benefits if you are regularly scheduled and work at least 30 hours per week. Benefits are effective on the first of the month following the date of hire. Benefit offerings include Medical options, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, 401k with company contribution, paid vacation time plus additional ancillary benefits like access to Pet Insurance and Aflac. In addition, we are growing and opportunities for advancement are often available. We take pride in promoting from within!