Fleet and Equipment Mechanic
Premier Power Mainteannce
Company Overview: Like our name states, Premier Power Maintenance is the “premier” organization in the market to provide exceptional service and value to our customers in six primary areas: Third-party electrical testing (Acceptance & Maintenance), Commissioning, Electrical Engineering, Safety Training, Specialty Installation, and Repair. Our goal is to assist our customers in achieving a safe and reliable power system. People are our biggest asset. We pride ourselves on having some of the most highly skilled and qualified field and engineering personnel in the industry, and our safety record is second to none. We have a commitment to keeping all team members safe by adhering to intense safety programs and having industry and location/equipment specific training as well. Our customers know, that they can call Premier Power Maintenance day or night, and we’ll respond with safe, reliable solutions that provide outstanding value with attention to detail at every level. Customer service and integrity at all levels is what Premier Power Maintenance has built its reputation on, and that commitment will not waiver.
Job Title: Fleet and Equipment Mechanic
Reports To: Corporate Asset Manager
Job Summary: Diagnose, maintain, repair, and service a wide variety of fleet, and specialized vehicles. Travel to designated sites for schedule maintenance/repairs of fleet vehicles. Operate auxiliary equipment associated with vehicles.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Work on Premier's fleet of service vans and trucks, digger derrick trucks, bucket trucks, skid steers, mini excavators, and small construction tools.
- Including but not limited to, routine maintenance of vehicle and equipment, DOT inspections, mechanical issues, hydraulics, diesel engine repairs, pneumatic system repairs and electrical system repairs.
- Mechanic will be involved in ordering and setting up new service vehicles and equipment for technicians.
- Must be organized and be able to track fleet and equipment repairs and activity.
- Work with procurement on ordering parts and supplies for servicing vehicles.
- Must be willing to take calls, give technical advice, and work on fleet equipment outside of normal work hours upon emergency.
- Must be willing to work with electrical substation technicians in the field on large outages doing physically demanding, outdoor and traveling work for short periods of time. No electrical substation experience is required.
- Work hours: 7:30am – 4:30pm at corporate headquarters in Indianapolis.
- Mechanic will have their own work area with specialized tools provided by Premier Power Maintenance Including a vehicle lift, computerized scan tool, A/C machine and transmission flush tools.
- Able to stand for long hours at a time while servicing fleet.
- Must be able to lift at least 50lbs.
- Must be able to operate shop equipment with little to no guidance.
Education and Work Experience:
- Requires a High School Diploma or GED.
- At least 5 years’ experience in mechanical, hydraulic, diesel, pneumatic and electrical repairs involving complex equipment and vehicles.
- Automotive technical school training a plus but not required.
- ASE certifications in automotive repair is a plus, including any diesel and hydraulic certifications.
- A valid driver’s license with a class A CDL
- Able to follow company safety rules and practices.
- The ability to diagnose complex mechanical/automotive problems with little to no guidance.
- Must have strong PC skills including email, internet, data entry, Microsoft Excel & Word.
- Customer interaction skills experience (dealership) a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of Chevrolet trucks and vans a plus.
- Must have personal set of professional set of mechanic tooling including SAE/ metric tooling and pneumatic/ battery operated tools.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment criminal background check, motor vehicle report, physical abilities test, and an approved hair and urine drug screen.
- Must be willing and able to work some overtime including nights, weekends and some holidays, when required.
- Must be willing and able to travel on overnight, multi-day, out-of-town jobs.
Benefits: Premier Power Maintenance firmly believes that each team member is part of our family. Therefore, Premier Power Maintenance offers an exceptional benefits package, including:
- 100% of premiums paid by employer for team member short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance.
- 100% of medical, dental, and vision insurance premiums for the team member and 50% of the premiums for dependent coverage.
- Generous paid time off policy and 8 paid holidays per year.
- Discretionary performance bonuses.
- 401k matching and discretionary profit-sharing plan.
To learn more about Premier Power Maintenance, please visit our website at www.premierpowermaintenance.com.
Premier Power Maintenance is an EEO/AA employer who values and embraces workplace diversity. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply regardless of race, age, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, disability and/or veteran status.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.