Job DescriptionHave you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 33 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (BBU) employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
Come join the largest baking company in the world and our family of 20,000 associates nationwide!
The Fleet Mechanic is responsible for performing service work, troubleshooting, diagnostic, DOT/State inspections within the shop for route trucks and semi-trailers. This also includes road call work as needed. Ensures work assignments are completed and provides feedback to Lead/Shop Foreman on work issues. Follows all safety procedures as set forth by the Company.
Top Reasons to Work at Bimbo Bakeries USA
- Great starting pay: $26.59!
- Excellent benefits package!
- Growing organization & increased demand for products!
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Perform all mechanical repairs needed to all types of vehicles/equipment to make proper decisions, ensure all vehicles/equipment are ready to safely operate when needed.
- Inspection of truck to verify that there are no DOT infractions and repair as required.
- Provide Preventative Maintenance and Federal Inspections of the location’s area Fleet Trucks.
- Perform light and medium duty repairs using hand and power tools.
- You will safely work with hazards, such as proximity to moving parts, electrical current and moving objects carrying considerable weight and force.
- Responsible for ensuring and maintaining a safe environment through compliance of all Company, Local, State and Federal mandates or programs
- Ensure all work assignments are communicated and completed. Completes required reports to Lead/Manager.
- Must be able to work unsupervised and make service calls with courtesy and professionalism in a timely manner.
- Additional responsibilities & duties as assigned by supervisor.
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- You have a strong analytical ability to gather and interpret data, in situations where the problems are somewhat complex (dealing with people, procedures and equipment).
- You work well in a team-based environment, have solid interpersonal skills, and you are not averse to change. Ability to provide constant direction of others to plan, coordinate, check or instruct.
- You can perform basic math and computer skills.
- You act with a Continuous Improvement (CI) mindset: focus on improving efficiencies while decreasing waste.
- Ability to work unsupervised and conduct service calls with courtesy and professionalism.