30+ days ago
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Flight Simulator Design Engineer to join our team at our client’s site in Berkeley, MO.
Plans research and development programs for flight simulator requirements. Translates contract requirements into work requirements, processes and tasks. Manages customer and supplier relationships. Researches and responds to specialized technical questions from customers on flight simulator operations, service and regulatory concerns. Provides on-site customer assistance to support the introduction of new training equipment. Resolves specialized customer issues in the field. Leads and reviews analysis and evaluation of specialized engineering and supplier aircraft systems and performance data, operational documents and software for delivery to customer. Researches and analyzes customer and regulatory authority requirements to ensure they comply with industry standards. Leads and reviews Boeing processes across organizations for defining the customer product, delivery and support. Develops new/revised processes in support of customer requirements and/or changes in company guidelines. Works under minimal direction.
• Describe the project they will be working on: International Government Training Systems & Services, an organization within Training & Professional Services (T&PS), Seeking F-15 Training Systems Test Pilot/WSO SMEs to accomplish system design, integration, and test for countries already using F-15 sims and other countries interested in buying the F-15.
• The successful candidate will work independently and will assist other members of the Test Team in the performance of day-to-day operations in a fast-paced testing environment.
• Team members create and execute Test Procedures to ensure the trainers correctly simulates aircraft performance and the operational environment.
• Team members will help develop system requirements, and perform all aspects of system testing on several types of pilot training systems.
• Off shift and weekend work may also be occasionally required to meet contractual milestones, objectives and delivery schedules
• Int'l travel is expected up to 20% of the time
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• What are the Top 3-5 Skills needed to perform this role/job?: Fighter tactical experience, familiarity with testing, translation of issues to engineer speak
• Type of background you are looking for (education, # yrs experience, etc.): Former military fighter aviator, preferably in the F-15 and within last 5 years desired. Technical degree desired.
• Software skills required? Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities