California Skin Institute (CSI) is the largest and fastest growing private dermatology practice in California with over 30 offices and 80 providers CSI offers an unwavering commitment to excellence in medical, surgical, and cosmetic dermatology and plastic surgery. We have one of the most state-of-the-art and comprehensive skin-based service lines nationally including laser, light, radiofrequency, reconstructive and cosmetic surgery techniques, Medicare-approved surgery centers and a full-service dermatopathology laboratory. Come join our team as we innovate both in the clinical setting and in practice operations!
This position is a float, Medical Assistant position with a primary location being our San Pedro practice location.
- Accompany patient to exam/procedure room
- Prepare patients for examination and treatment
- Check the schedule and organize patient flow
- Prepare exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments and supplies
- Ensure that all treatment rooms are cleaned and stock at the end of the workday
- Assist providers in preparing the patient and the facilities for minor surgeries
- Prepare and maintain supplies and equipment for treatments, including equipment sterilization
- Assist with scheduling of patient's tests and treatments
- Cleaning and spore testing of the autoclave, adhering to scheduled maintenance and maintain record-Maintenance of biopsy log, biopsy slides, and pathology reports
- Process prescription refills in compliance with established procedures, assuring authorization for prescriptions as needed
- One (1) year of experience as a qualified medical assistant plus one (1) year of experience in dermatology or related field OR three (3) years of experience as a medical assistant in dermatology or related field.
- Dermatology experience Required
- Mohs Surgery Experience Required
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be willing to travel to our other various locations, such as Torrance, Long Beach and Newport Beach practice locations
- Knowledge of medical office management systems and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Social perceptiveness and service oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficiency in MS Office and patient management software, Nextech
Benefits and Perks
We value our employees' time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive pay in addition to a benefits package including:
- Medical Health Insurance
- Vision & dental plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- 401 (K)
- Generous paid time off
- Growth and development opportunities
- Recognition Program
- And much more!
It is the policy of California Skin Institute to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, family status (including pregnancy), marital status, military status, sensory, physical, or mental disability, genetic information, or any other factor protected by local, state or federal law, and to prohibit harassment or retaliation based on any of these factors.