Floor Technician - Monday-Friday - 5pm-1:30am
Houston, TX, US
30+ days ago
The mission of The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center is to eliminate cancer in Texas, the nation, and the world through outstanding programs that integrate patient care, research and prevention, and through education for undergraduate and graduate students, trainees, professionals, employees and the public.
Performs cleaning, sanitation and housekeeping tasks per verbal and written work instructions.
- Courtesy: Is respectful and courteous to each other at all times.
- Friendliness/Teamwork: Promotes and rewards teamwork and inclusiveness; is sensitive to the concerns of our patients and our co-workers.
- Reliability: Communicates frequently, honestly and openly.
- Accountability: Holds self and others accountable for practicing our values.
- Safety: Models safe behavior (wears badge and personal protective equipment, washes hands, and keeps work area clean and orderly); Notices a safety concern or emergency, understands role and uses proper procedures to report it; Mitigates risk to the institution through sound business practices; Demonstrates ethical and personal responsibility in work and behavior
- Responsiveness: By his/her actions, creates an environment of trust; Encourages learning, creativity and new ideas.
- Personal Leadership/Self-Initiative: Helps others to identify and solve problems; Seeks personal growth and enables others to do so.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
Performs custodial duties as assigned Follows instruction or uses knowledge to determine
appropriate cleaning method; mopping, sweeping,
scrubbing, buffing, stripping, waxing and burnishing.
Understands and chooses the correct chemical and
mixture for the equipment being used and the floor
being addressed. Need to use a 6 foot ladder frequently
to change curtains.All personnel who
perform routine custodial waste removal and cleaning
activities in hazardous drug (HD) handling areas must be
trained in appropriate procedures to protect themselves
and the environment to prevent HD contamination.
Charges equipment daily. Selects appropriate brushes
and pads for equipment. Takes care of and maintains
equipment to ensure it operates effectively and efficiently.
Keeps storage and supply areas neat clean and well stocked.
Demonstrates reliability, dependability and willingness to assist. Picks up trash and runs trash routes, performs BAI duties,
maintains hallways in a clear and safe manner. Responds
quickly and appropriately to removal of hallway
obstructions.CUSTOMER SERVICE COMMUNICATION
USING AIDET including roll play with video to
demonstrate competency and on the job assessment by
Team Leader.All personnel who perform routine
custodial waste removal and cleaning activities in
hazardous drug (HD) handling areas must be trained in
appropriate procedures to protect themselves and the
environment to prevent HD contamination.
CUSTOMER SERVICE Shows up for work on time and ready to perform assigned
tasks. Takes breaks as assigned, works in dedicated areas
and completes tasks in allotted time. Receives instruction
for adjusted work assignments. Participates in emergency
response and ride-out if needed.
Other duties as assigned
Six months floor technician experience.
Required: All offers of employment are subject to fulfillment of MD Anderson stated contingencies: Satisfactory results of Criminal and Personal Background Check; and Satisfactory result of a negative result for the Drug Screening detecting the presence of specific illegal drugs and compounds of tobacco.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
Onsite Presence: Is Required
Exposure to Radiation
Hazardous Chemicals and Materials
Wearing Protective Equipment
Working At Heights
Exposure to blood, bodily fluids, and/or tissue
Fine finger movement
Attention to detail
Giving and Receiving Constructive Feedback
Responding in emergency situations
- Requisition ID: 140777
- Employment Status: Full-Time
- Employee Status: Regular
- FLSA: non-exempt, eligible for overtime, and is subject to the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Work Week: Evenings
- Fund Type: Hard
- Pivotal Position: Yes
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 27,040
- Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 32,500
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 37,800
- Science Jobs: No