Floral Retail Merchandiser
Charlieâ€™s Produce - Who We Are
Charlie's Produce is a privately owned wholesale produce company. We are the largest privately owned produce wholesaler on the West Coast, with distribution centers in Seattle, Spokane, Portland, Anchorage, Boise, Los Angeles and Salt Lake City. The secret to our 40+ years of success in this industry is PEOPLE! We strive to hire the best and we reward them with a working environment that fosters loyalty, stability, innovation, and growth.
Charlie's provides a healthy employee stock ownership program, competitive Medical/Dental/Vision and Life Insurance plans. And our newest benefit offers Pre-Paid Fully Funded College Tuition to our employees and the dependent children of our employees after 1 year!
Charlieâ€™s Produce Total Compensation Package includes
- Competitive starting pay
- 90 day performance-based raise
- Yearly review with possibility of increase based on performance and tenure
- We recognize and reward hard work and commitment. Supplemental retirement plan through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Robust employee assistance program (EAP)
- Vacation pay, paid holidays, pre-tax commuter benefits, and free onsite parking
- Employer-covered College Program
- Coverage under State Sick Leave
- 401(k) available
- Health and wellness benefits including medical, dental, and vision
The merchandiser directly impacts the sales process by having continuous contact with floral managers, receivers, and department managers. The merchandiser is responsible for calling on an assigned itinerary of stores and delivering superior in-store customer service by merchandising store shelves and displays.
Essential Responsibilities Include but Not Limited To
- Ensure displays and shelves are meet quality expectations by properly rotating product.
- Maintaining a professional demeanor with the public and store personnel when performing your duties.
- Must ensure schematics, maintain shelf/cooler cleanliness.
- Conduct customer needs assessment and report to Merchandiser Manager.
- Evaluate overall customer satisfaction and report to Merchandising Manager via email.
- Must follow instructions provided by sales manager. The merchandiser will be expected to be flexible to the needs of our business which is strongly affected by the needs of our customers who operate on grocery/retail hours.
- Will work independently as well as work under time constraints.
- Working as a team with your Manager by communicating issues as appropriate,
- Follow itinerary and be flexible with changes in itinerary.
- Will coordinate with other staff to help resolve any order issues and concerns.
- Must communicate professionally with various department managers, store owners and other employees.
- Be willing to take direction and apply it consistently on the job.
- Able to work 4 each 10 hour shifts, early morning starts required.
- Holiday weeks will require extra hours and weekend work.
- Expense reimbursements reconciliation
- Occasionally assist onboarding of new merchandisers
- Deliver product to stores for customer service purposes
- Special projects as assigned by supervisor.
Desired Minimum Qualifications:
- Knowledge of retail, wholesale and floral industries.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service.
- Strong communication skills needed to communicate with all levels of management internally and externally.
- Strong organizational skills needed for the organization, rotating and stocking shelves during each store visit.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor with the public and store personnel when performing your duties.
- Ability to work independently and drive results.
- Adaptability/Flexibility, with the ability to react quickly to changing requirements from internal and external conditions while maintaining good communication with all parties involved.
- Critical Thinking: Use of logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Ability to climb, push/pull, bend, stoop, and kneel for extended periods as required.
- Ability to see (depth perception, near acuity and far acuity), drive a vehicle, and lift up to 50 pounds.
- At least two years of retail experience in the retail or wholesale floral industry.
- Candidate must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Intermediate Computer Skills: Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong planning and organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Safe driving record and proof of insurance.
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel 90% commitment.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration and if necessary the Department of Homeland Security with the information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Charlie's Produce is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As an essential employer and key contributor to our communityâ€™s food distribution chain, we will follow all state and federal guidelines on vaccination mandates, allowing for an accommodation for those that qualify.
About the Company
Charlie’s Produce is a locally owned produce company. We have been delivering high quality produce to our valued customers since the late 70’s. We currently have 6 distribution centers on the West Coast: Seattle, Spokane, Portland, Los Angeles, Anchorage and Dutch Harbor Alaska.
We are an employee owned company, so each member of our Team is invested in the quality, reputation and success of the business. We support our employees in a variety of ways, not the least of which is offering medical/dental/vision, 401(k), vacation, holiday pay, 100% fully paid tuition and more…….
As a company we pride ourselves on being local, independent, unique and quality driven; which is also exactly what we look for in our employees. If you fit this bill, check out our employment page at www.charliesproduce.com
Charlie’s Produce, the biggest little company you’ll ever work for!