Benefits at CoxHealth!
Retirement with employer match
Onsite daycare with extended hours, holidays, and weekends
Onsite fitness facilities
Pharmacy delivery to your unit
On-site Employee Health services
1906 Employee Store
20% tuition discount on most classes at CoxCollege
- Job Summary
- Perform administrative and certain clinical duties under the direction of provider. Administrative duties may include scheduling appointments & maintaining medical records. Clinical duties may include taking and recording vital signs and medical histories, preparing patients for examination, and drawing blood.
- Job Requirements
- Required:Graduated from a formal MA training program that included pharmacology class, anatomy/physiology, the basics of medication administration, and completion of a clinical externship, OR graduated with an accredited Licensed Practical Nurse Diploma.
- Required: None
- Preferred: Previous experience in health care setting, particularly in an ambulatory clinic setting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work independently and collaboratively in a team.
- Carry out delegated tasks as directed by supervisors or with provider oversite.
- Proficient Computer skills
- Required: Certification from a program recognized by CoxHealth - CMA (AAMA – American Association of Medical Assistants) OR RMA (AMT – American Medical Technologist, or American Association of Medical Personnel) OR NCMA (NCCT - National Center for Competency Testing), CCMA (NHA - National Healthcareer Association), NRCMA (NAHP- National Association for Health Professionals ), OR LPN.
- Must obtain American Heart Association BLS within 90 days of hire.