Western Specialty Contractors
Western's Los Angeles Branch is seeking experienced foreman knowledgeable in bricklaying, caulking, concrete finishing, cement masonry, masonry, skilled general labor and waterproofing to supervise craft workers assigned to an area of responsibility and to ensure construction complies with drawings and specifications and meet quality standards. Acts as the competent person on the job by identifying existing and predictable hazards which are unsanitary, hazardous or dangerous to employees and halting any operation or removes employees from environments that may be dangerous. With supervision, assists the various crafts workers in the performance of their work within a particular construction work area and in accordance with generally accepted standards of the craft.
- Working knowledge and ability to perform the essential functions of bricklaying/masonry, caulking, concrete finishing/cement masonry, roofing, skilled general labor and waterproofing.
- Will supervise craft workers to ensure they follow specific directions; perform a variety of duties which may often change; work within standards of accuracy; repeat tasks of short duration according to a set procedure; evaluate information using measurable standards.
- Ability to identify existing and predictable hazards to work surroundings, including working conditions that are unsanitary, hazardous or dangerous to employees and immediately report same to direct supervisor.
- Must be able to demonstrate sufficient reading, writing and math skills to comprehend and explain company safety policies and material instruction.
- Communicates effectively with fellow workers.
- Will supervise and have the ability to stand or walk for long periods; lift and carry materials weighing 50 pounds or more; climb ladders, scaffolds and other objects carrying tools and equipment; and see (naturally or with correction).
- Possess and supervise craft workers with an ability to work at heights, extreme temperatures and to wear company's safety equipment is essential.
- Possess skills required to perform concrete and/or masonry restoration tasks including concrete patching, tuckpointing, brick replacement, caulking is preferred.
- Knowledge and practical construction experience required.
- Candidates could be requested to provide own "hand tools of the trade."
- May be required to work weekends, nights, out of town and at heights.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Preferred certification with OSHA 30 and CPR/First Aid.
- Preferred certification with equipment such as forklift, boom lift, scissor lift, and swing stage rigging.
- Compensation - union wage rate based on position
- This position is covered under a collective bargaining agreement and benefits are provided through the union.
*Western Adheres to a Drug Free Workplace
EOE M/F/V/D E- Verify