18 days ago
We are OEC Group, one of the largest freight forwarders in the US, and we're looking to add an Entry Level Freight Cashier to join the Accounting team at our Cerritos office. We believe in maintaining a strong family culture and a passion for success. The right individual will be able to manage multiple tasks and ensure that all of our vendors are paid in a timely manner. Paid training is provided!
• Research, track, and resolve accounting problems
• Compile and sort invoices and checks
• File and tally deposits
• Open mail and match payments to invoices
• Record business transactions and key daily worksheets to the general ledger system
• Record charges and refunds
• Input type invoices, checks, account statements, reports, and other records
• Work with adding machines, calculators, databases and bank accounts
• Process high volumes of bills for payment
• Issue checks for accounts payable
• Utilize computer systems to run databases
• Ensure vendors accept payments or refunds
• Scan and index invoices
• Assist vendors with questions on outstanding invoices
• Review statements and ensure proper payment to vendors
• Work internally with other departments to ensure A/P needs are met
• Bachelors Degree in Accounting or equivalent experience required
• Previous experience must include at minimum an internship in accounting or position in finance-related field
• Proficient in basic computer skills (Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, etc)
• Knowledge of common accounting software such as ADP/CDW, Peachtree, Microsoft Dynamics, etc preferred
To save time applying, OEC Group does not offer sponsorship of job applicants for employment-based visas or any other work authorization for this position at this time.
8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Local Time, Monday through Friday
Established in 1981, OEC Group is one of the leading NVOCC freight forwarding companies. With headquarters located in Taipei, Taiwan, as well as regional headquarters in Los Angeles and branches throughout Asia, North America and Europe; OEC Group enjoys a strong position in a rapidly growing market. Our goals and ambition have helped us to become one of the emerging leaders in the logistics/importing industry.
• Full health insurance coverage: Medical, Dental, Vision, Group Term Life, and AD&D Coverage
• 401K employer matching
• Paid Vacation / Sick / Floating Days
• Annual performance review and opportunity for salary adjustment
OEC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.