Front Desk Assistant Shift Manager
Zia Park Casino Hotel Racetrack
Donâ€™t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Zia Park we think youâ€™ll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.Responsibilities:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following and other duties may be assigned as necessary:
- Responsible for supervising staff and the overall daily management of a designated shift. Supports, administers and manages operational goals and monitors achievements of performance and profit objectives.
- Assists in creating effective and efficient schedules, while maintaining labor costs, meeting staffing objectives and achieving guest satisfaction.
- Responsible for assisting in the budget process for the department and provide recommendations; ensuring compliance to departmental budget initiatives; reporting budget concerns to manager.
- Enthusiastically supports, actively promotes, and demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with department and company standards and programs. Ensures customer service standards are followed by all team members and addresses issues as they arise.
- Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel policies and services, and resolve occupantsâ€™ complaints while supporting all customer service programs on assigned shift.
- Assists with management of daily arrivals and departures in reservation system on assigned shift.
- Provides direction for Hotel supervisory staff on assigned shift.
- Assists with posting charges, and settling of folios for individuals and groups, if applicable, on assigned shift.
- Addresses and manages complaints, grievances or concerns from team members on assigned shift.
- Responsible for ensuring the compliance with all regulatory compliance within area of responsibility and reporting potential issues to management.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and company matters.
- Acts as manager on duty in the absence of the Hotel Manager, to ensure the very best guest service is delivered by the team.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Must have the ability to interact with guests, staff and colleagues and resolve problems and conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Flexible to work all shifts including holidays, nights, weekends, and overtime as business needs dictate.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Knowledge of hotel systems software.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English preferred, but not required.
This job has supervisory responsibilities.
- Responsible for staff development and training programs.
- Responsible for rewards and recognition program to maximize employee engagement.
- Evaluates team members within department and delivers constructive feedback to employees in regards to performance.
- Determines recommendation for staffing (including interviewing and hiring) and scheduling (planning, assigning and directing work) to meet business needs.
- Determines work procedures and expedites workflow.
- Responsible for employee performance (disciplining, coaching, counseling).
- Responsible for developing and implementing a quality control program to ensure the very best guest service and guest room products are delivered to each and every customer.
Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to read and communicate verbally in English. Written communication skills in in English may also be required.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must possess a valid driverâ€™s license and have acceptable driving history as determined by Penn National Gamingâ€™s auto insurance carrier.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and peripheral vision.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and must have the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Employee could be exposed to an environment containing unrestricted second hand tobacco smoke.Something to leave you with:
Whether you prefer being at the center of it all or working behind the scenes, thereâ€™s a role for you at Penn National Gaming. We are a growing company but as big as we are, we still feel like family. The areas of career opportunity with Penn are ideal for just about any skill set. Our company wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means youâ€™ll enjoy a fun working environment anywhere within the organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer