An outstanding career opportunity has become available for someone looking to join the Rec & Tennis Team at Hallbrook Country Club.
HCC is one of Kansas City’s premier private clubs located in Leawood, Kansas that home over 700 families of which take full advantage of the many amenities. HCC boasts multiple dining options, fitness facility, pool, tennis courts, pickleball and a world class championship golf course.
Under the direction of the Director of Tennis and Recreation, the Front Desk Attendant is responsible for excellent customer service in the Fitness Center. This position will be responsible for monitoring proper use of fitness equipment/machines, maintaining cleanliness of the fitness center and keeping all equipment, machines, and spaces looking their best at all times.
Position: Front Desk Attendant
Reports to: Director of Tennis
Type: Part-Time Positions Available
Days of Operation: Monday - Sunday
Hours of Operation: 5:15am - 1:15pm, 1pm - 9pm
Areas of Responsibility but are Not Limited To:
- Supervise all aspects of the Rec/Fitness center
- Greet all members entering the facility
- Handle customer service inquiries and related problems. Be knowledgeable of all Rec Centers programs and services to answer questions.
- Follows Rec Centers policies and guidelines pertaining to fitness center rules, membership retention, and cross selling other programs to those using the fitness center.
- Give equipment orientations to those that request or those that are new.
- Monitor equipment for proper use at all times. Report any maintenance needs or equipment issues to supervisor immediately.
- Cleans fitness center and equipment thoroughly each shift.
- Effective communication skills with the members, supervisors, and co-workers.
- Assist with other duties as assigned
- Barista - Coffee and Smoothie Beverages
- Bartender - Alcoholic beverages
- Must be 21+ years of age
- Excellent outgoing and engaging personality
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Basic knowledge of computer applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- The ability to demonstrate a friendly, courteous and professional manner while working with members
- CPR/AED and First Aid Certification (Preferred)
- Must be able to stand for prolonged periods.
- Must be able to walk frequently; must be able to use hands and fingers to operate, handle, and use controls, tools, and general office/rec/tennis equipment.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- This position will not supervise other staff, but will work in cooperation with Massage Therapist and Fitness Class Instructor(s).
Salary: $12 - $15 BOE