17 days ago
You'll be joining a distributed team of software engineers working in the e-commerce space on a high scale, mission critical, distributed web system. In this role you'll be responsible for building, supporting, and maintaining a number of web-based interfaces for our client, curating the user experience for the shopper journey, back-end portals, and suite of embedded tools, including both single page applications and traditional web applications, while maintaining performant and responsive interfaces.
Who are we?
Instaclustr, recently named in Deloitte’s 2020 fast 500 companies of North America after another monumental growth year, Instaclustr is an Australian owned open source as-a-service company, delivering reliability at scale. We manage cutting edge open source technologies (Cassandra, Kafka, Spark, Elasticsearch) for our customers around the world.
Since its foundation in 2013, Instaclustr has seen significant growth, with large scale and really exciting customers spread across the globe, and over 4000 servers under our management. We have offices in Australia, the USA, and Europe and employ over 200 people worldwide.
Responsibilities include improving existing front-end code, building reusable components, and helping to improve design consistency across user-facing touchpoints. In addition you'll be converting ad-hoc wire-frames and sketches into user-facing features, while working along both technical and non-technical team members to conceive UI/UX options when planning projects. Your day-to-day will be working within a GitHub based workflow, coordinating via Slack, operating on GCP. What you bring to the team is as important as the technologies involved; bringing what you learn and know to support the continual improvement of your teammates is critical for our success with clients.
Note: Candidates should be able to overlap working hours with US Eastern Time Zone.
In a perfect world, you'd check all the boxes, but obviously we don't live in a perfect world (Hello 2021!). If you have most of the things and are confident you can pick it up, we're willing to take a look.
Requirements & Education:
- 3+ years developing front-end solutions for the web
- Particular experience with Bootstrap, SaSS, jQuery, React, and/or Redux
- Ability to wire-frame UIs and manipulate images, including SVGs (Sketch, etc)
- Experience working with modern web standards (HTML5, CSS3, JSON, REST)
- Proficiency in code versioning and branching (Git/Github)
- Ability to play nicely with others and work independently
- Understanding of basic SEO principals
- Intelligence with a sense of humor.
- US-based and legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Familiarity with web package managers / task runners (Webpack, Bower, Grunt)
- Experience working with GraphQL
- Experience working with Google Cloud Platform
- Backend experience with frameworks like Play/Rails/Django
- Experience working on iOS and/or Swift based web or app development
As a company, we work to maximize productivity, provide flexible work hours, offer benefits including 401k, medical, dental, and vision coverage, and will work with you to understand what you need to be productive (equipment, home-office, co-working, etc.).
We believe in diversity as a core asset. From the tools we use - to the technologies we choose - to the people we work with - understanding that diversity in approach, and leading with tolerance over dogma, has always led us to better success. We take pride in the diversity of our staff, and seek diversity in our applicants.
About the Company