The Pressroom Restaurant, located in Downtown Lancaster, serves award-winning cocktails and a creative menu of American fusion cuisine. We are in search of an individual with leadership experience and who is also a self -proclaimed drink aficionado; to add to our unique selection of wine, spirits, craft beer and cocktails.
The Front of House Manager is responsible and accountable for all aspects of our bar program. They set high standards of service and ensure staff training, as well as work closely with the Inventory and Revenue Manager to ensure cost effectiveness of menu items. This role is crucial in driving revenue for the restaurant.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensures adherence of The Pressroom’s established service cycle model for all bar staff.
- Take appropriate actions, as well as coach others to turn dissatisfied guests into return guests using service recovery and netting techniques.
- Provide staff with the tools to educate guests on all products on beverage menu.
- Provides on-going leadership, mentoring, feedback and development to staff to ensure excellent performance while adhering to department and company policies/procedures.
- Oversees that the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board (PLCB) guidelines are followed by all bar and service staff.
- Work with Front of House Manager to hire and train a best-in-class bar team.
- Create and manage a bar prep and maintenance schedule, and ensure that all bar team members actively participate in bar prep, side work, and cleaning.
- Hold regular, product specific training sessions for all Front of House staff members.
- Effectively order bar supplies and beverages to ensure the Pressroom Restaurant has the highest quality products while meeting budget expectations.
- Create and maintain a collaborative relationship with Executive Chef to ensure the creation of a cohesive beverage menu that minimizes waste and maximizes profit.
- Cut costs by making products in house when possible.
- Work with Revenue and Inventory Manager to ensure effective costing of all beverage menu items.
- Constantly evaluate competitors and markets to ensure the Pressroom bar program exceeds standards.
- A high school diploma/GED required; bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2 years of bar management/beverage direction experience or 5+ years of bar experience required.
- Must be able to work at least 40 hours a week with a flexible schedule that may include nights, weekends, and/or holidays. Schedule includes tipped bar shifts. This a tipped position.
- Must have the ability to coordinate and manipulate tasks while maintaining required standards of operation on a daily basis.
- Must be customer focused with strong sales skills, good communication, organizational and managerial skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead a successful service team.
- Have excellent basic math skills and ability to operate a restaurant POS system.
- Working knowledge of PC and Microsoft Office software and demonstrated application of word processing, spreadsheet software.